Go Bottom Go Bottom

ehydro Controller issue

View my Photos
MonsterMinds
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-10-04          166142

Hey everyone, I have a 420 with loader and hoe attachment.

When using the Machine for a period of time it quits, the service light flashes.. From what I have read this is the problem with the Ehydro Transmission Controller. I will have to call the dealer on Monday to find out more on this but really can not afford to lose the Machine for an extended period.

I'm wondering if John Deere is replacing this part in there PIP program? And if Not how hard is it to replace myself?

After you shut the machine down for 10-15 minutes it runs fine for an hour or so.

Would just hate to load it up and haul it to the shop if I can change it myself.

This is the post where I got most of my info
http://tractorpoint.com/cgi-bin/tractorreview/fullThread.pl?catcode=JDU&catname=John%20Deere%20Review&parentnum=45461&page=1

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

ehydro Controller issue

View my Photos
MonsterMinds

2009-10-04          166143

Sorry 4120, its early LOL ....

ehydro Controller issue

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-10-04          166145

Exactly what code is it flashing? I can look it up in the tech manual later this afternoon and see if there are any troubleshooting steps to narrow it down.

As far as PIP, not that I've heard of but then they don't usually advertise these unless it's a safety problem. ....

ehydro Controller issue

View my Photos
MonsterMinds

2009-10-04          166148

Thanks for your reply,

I am pretty sure it is 1 long 3 short. I am not near the tractor today but will be back on it tomorrow.

And my Bad again, I just had someone check it is a 4210 ....

ehydro Controller issue

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-10-04          166155

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterMinds | view 166148
Thanks for your reply,I am pretty sure it is 1 long 3 short. I am not near the tractor today but will be back on it tomorrow. And my Bad again, I just had someone check it is a 4210

If the code is one long, three short then it indicates that the controller received simultaneous forward and reverse commands at the same time. In this case the tractor will not move but it is supposed to reset when both pedals return to zero. If it is not resetting then maybe one or both pedals are not returning to zero. This problem would likely indicate the forward or reverse potentiometers are out of adjustment.

If the code is one short, three long then it indicates that the calculated value for coil resistance is out of range. If this is the case then the tractor will not move and cycling the power off, then on will reset it. This problem can be caused by an open or short in the circuit wiring.

On these tractors often the wiring hangs a bit low and can get damaged when driving through tall brush. Did the problem crop up after a trip like that? It seems a good first pass inspection would be to crawl under the tractor with a good flashlight and carefully inspect exposed wiring harnesses for damage.

If the tractor has driven fine for a long time before the problem cropped up it seems more likely that something less expensive than an ECU would be causing the trouble. ....

ehydro Controller issue

View my Photos
MonsterMinds

2009-10-04          166156

Ok thanks for the information..

Although the last time it did it (Yesterday) I was on the road I know for a fact that I hadn't depressed both peddles.

I will check the wiring tomorrow!

Cycling the ignition to off then back on does not clear the issue, Letting the tractor sit for 15-20 minutes does tho, this is the confusing part.

If it repeats tomorrow I will defiantly count the indicator lights

My sister told me its been doing it for a while, It was in for service a month ago because the bucket would not stay in the raised position the service center was advised of it doing this and the issue has returned. ....

ehydro Controller issue

View my Photos
MonsterMinds

2009-10-05          166184

Ok I rechecked the service code this morning,

It is 2 long 2 short.

Service rep said to Ground out the seat switch.. I hardly think this is the fix, It was in a month ago for recalibration think its about time it goes back ....

ehydro Controller issue

View my Photos
kwschumm

2009-10-05          166186

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterMinds | view 166184
Ok I rechecked the service code this morning,It is 2 long 2 short.Service rep said to Ground out the seat switch.. I hardly think this is the fix, It was in a month ago for recalibration think its about time it goes back

Looks like they screwed up the recalibration. Two long, two short indicates that the reverse pedal potentiometer calibration is out of range. The symptom is that the tractor won't move. Solution is to recalibrate the sensor. ....

ehydro Controller issue

View my Photos
MonsterMinds

2009-10-05          166188

Thank you.. I will be taking it in on Wednesday< Hopefully this time it isn't there a month ! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login