Go Bottom Go Bottom

JD 4700

View my Photos
Patrick
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-05-12          16221

Does anyone out own a John Deere Model 4700 Compact Tractor. I would like to here your thoughts on this unit.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

JD 4700

View my Photos
dsg
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2000-05-13          16228

Patrick, I don't own it yet but just ordered one Tuesday. When I first began looking at it I did think the plastic was kinda cheep looking and feeling, but after awhile it dawned on me that having high impact plastic would be better than steel. I have not tried out a 4700 with the new front X. Mine will have that,the new mounting plates for the 48 backhoe, the anti fogg dash and the new servo pumps that have been giving some problems. David ....

JD 4700

View my Photos
bud in oh.
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-05-13          16244

dsg, what have you heard about the servo pumps on the 4700? thanks in advance, budinohio. ....

JD 4700

View my Photos
dsg
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2000-05-13          16246

Bud, What I heard was a general statement for the 4000 series. The Statement was from a JD mechanic/Shop manager, "the servo pumps have been redesigned to filter out more dust so they will not wear out so quick". David ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login