Go Bottom Go Bottom

Deere 4710 Error Code

View my Photos
John4600
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-03-13          161030

Hey everyone I am getting 4 long flashes as a code. Anyone know what this is? Wont drive. This thing had been giving me problems all winter.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Deere 4710 Error Code

View my Photos
John4600

2009-03-13          161032

ok found out it is an off seat command which is kind of what I thought. How would I know if it is one of the safety switches (it looks like there is two) and not a short somewhere? ....

Deere 4710 Error Code

View my Photos
hardwood

2009-03-13          161035

If you have a circut tester/Ohm meter/test light, anything that will show continuity, just start from where you have current to where it stops with the seat switches closed, that usually tells the tale. Enjoy your day. Frank. ....

Deere 4710 Error Code

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-03-13          161036

John4600,

I'm guessing that there are more than just two safety switches on your tractor. You should have one each on the clutch, seat, neutral transmission selector, and PTO engagement lever.

I'm not sure how those switches are wired into the computer error reporting system, but I'm pretty sure that each of those switches would report a different code.

Unfortunately, there is no way of knowing whether your switch is simply open, or if a wire has been cut, frayed, etc. However, the error code will help you a whole lot, as you'll know where to start looking for the problem.

If you've had problems with this switch for quite a while, it may be out of adjustment. Either that, or something has lodged itself under your seat, preventing the seat from depressing the switch.

Look for foreign matter......twigs, weeds, ice, snow, etc. If there is nothing that would prevent the seat from depressing the switch, next look to see if the switch bracket may be bent, or if the switch adjustment locking ring has maybe come loose.

Hope that helps.

Joel ....

Deere 4710 Error Code

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-03-13          161041

I haven't looked up the code, but for safety switches it seems easy to just jumper across them and see which switch is causing the trouble. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login