Go Bottom Go Bottom

bucket lift

View my Photos
rad09con
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-01-30          159968

I have a 2002 jd 4110 I plowed snow the other night every thing worked fine but the next day when I went to use it the bucket arms won't lift. The bucket will apply down pressue and curl down and back up but won't lift the bucket it sounds like the relief valve is lifting.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

bucket lift

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-01-31          159969

It sounds like a hydraulic quick connect has become slightly disconnected. I'd dis- and re-connect all of them. Short of that, if you have rear remote(s) the control lever may be stuck in a position other than neutral. ....

bucket lift

View my Photos
rad09con

2009-01-31          159972

thank you for your response I'll try disco/reco of the hoses I have a power beyond kit installed any sugestion on the stuck control lever it has been cold and I plowed with the control valve works in all the other position thank you again ....

bucket lift

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-01-31          159984

If you have four quick-connect hoses leaving the controller, you can try this. (In making a change, the less the pressure in there, the better.)

Mark them so you know what hose goes to what controller fitting. Then switch them around. (The input/output will now change, so moving the lever that did one thing now will do another.) If you can get the one "stuck" function working by powering it though a different route, then you can try putting them back as they were, and hope it will remain unstuck. This is also a troubleshooting procedure, in that if now the, say, curl function is dead, it points to a faulty spool, and you can figure out which one it is. ....

bucket lift

View my Photos
rad09con

2009-01-31          159990

you are a genious this will get me plowing again as it is going to snow again on tuesday something is stuck because when I try to lift the plow blade the relief valve lifts instead this ought to at least get the bucket arms to lift thank you very much ....

bucket lift

View my Photos
earthwrks

2009-02-01          160003

What did you end up doing? ....

bucket lift

View my Photos
rad09con

2009-02-01          160013

Unfortunately switching the hoses around didn't help the refief valve still lifts when trying to lift the bucket arms. I looked at the fluid and it looks a little milky last summer I broke a hydraulic line and I put in a fluid in that was supposed to meet jd standards. I don't know much about hydraulic systems but I think that switching hoses around would eliminate the bucket control valve block as the problem. Anyone that has any thought on this problem I would like to hear them. My next step is to warm up the tractor and thaw it out its been really cold for a long time here then change out the fluid with remaining bargain fluid use it to flush the system and put in jd recommended ....

bucket lift

View my Photos
DRankin

2009-02-01          160014

Gee... sorry I overlooked this thread till now.

I had the same problem.... can't remember if it was on the 4100 or the 4115..... but the couplers had unscrewed (worked loose) from the threaded hose ends, if memory serves.

Snug everything up... especially the couplers that are mounted to the plate and are stationary. See if that does it. ....

bucket lift

View my Photos
rad09con

2009-02-01          160021

I'll check the couplings and make sure they are tight its like something is blocking the hose I have disconnected and reconnected the hoses ....

bucket lift

View my Photos
auerbach

2009-02-01          160025

I wonder if JD relief valves are adjustable, and if so, if yours is set too low. If not adjustable, defective?

As an indication, set the engine at what you gauge to be the minimal RPMs (and therefore pressure) that it would normally take to barely raise it, to see if the valve allows it then. ....

bucket lift

View my Photos
rad09con

2009-02-01          160032

the only thing that happens is that the engine bogs down a little until the relief lifts the down pressure on the lift arms lifts the front end off of the ground as well as dumping the bucket will lift the front too ....

bucket lift

View my Photos
jdgreen

2009-02-01          160036

It sure sounds to me that you have a bad quick coupler on your hydraulic connections. Sometimes the check valve in the end of the male or female couple goes bad and won't unseat when the connection is made and no fluid will pass through. I would recommend replacing both male and female couplings in the boom lift circuit. ....

bucket lift

View my Photos
auerbach

2009-02-01          160041

You asked about the off-brand, slightly milky hyd fluid. Even if the fluid is fraudulent and has lots of water, doesn't explain why only the one function is affected and why the valve acts as it does. ....

bucket lift

View my Photos
Murf

2009-02-02          160050

It's been my experience that when something works fine, is parked, and then acts up on restarting the next day (or time it's used) the problem is usually related to moisture resulting from snow melted by the warm hydraulics re-freezing overnight.

Get the machine warmed up, even if just from idling, and I bet the problem goes away.

Best of luck. ....

bucket lift

View my Photos
rad09con

2009-02-03          160094

I figured it out finally the male qd was broken when I looked at it the plunger was off to one side. when I removed the old one the insides fell out and on to the didn't think that the qd could self destruct like that I have never even disconnected the qd before ....

bucket lift

View my Photos
DRankin

2009-02-04          160107

Good info, thanks for sharing the results.

bucket lift

View my Photos
kthompson

2009-02-04          160113

I had a qd on an excavator to begin to leak on a circuit which was not hooked up. Could find no reason and worked and worked and took it off and capped the line due to having to order that size qd. Got to thinking about it and took it apart and found just a little dirt in it. Cleaned it good and reassemblied and the leak was solved at about $80 less. It does not take much to throw those valves off. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login