Go Bottom Go Bottom

Plowing snow with a 32hp JD

View my Photos
NorthernMainer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-03-05          151931

Cool movie of a 3203 pushing lots of snow with a Fisher plow. Go to YOUTUBE and just type in [John Deere with Fisher Plow] good example of what 32hp will do riged up correctly! ;-)

Link:   Snow Plow Video

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
markpee
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-04-09          152856

I have a 2001 4300, so I'm not criticising - that snow looked real light and fluffy! I want to see you plow with snow, rain and ice like we had every storm here in NY. Sometimes the snow controlled me. I do like the plow and the flashing light. What did you have to do to get the plow to retrofit and angle? ....

View my Photos
NorthernMainer

2008-04-10          152879

That snow was sorta funny as it started as wet snow and then temperture droped and ended as lighter dryer stuff but as you could see there was about a foot and half of it and the tractor has no problem handling it with that big Fisher plow . We build the adaptors to hook Fisher plows to John Deere Tractors that have the QD Bucket set up. We are also getting into building them for Kabotas with QD FEL arms as well. And dont worry we get plenty of wet snow here as well at times. Good luck with your tractor it sounds like a beauty!
E ....

View my Photos
acerguy

2008-04-21          153158

Nice. I sure could have used that this year with the winter we had! ....

View my Photos
NorthernMainer

2008-04-22          153171

MarkPee; I didnt realize I had never answered you . To answer your question. The Fisher plow hooks up in about 3 mins. I just pull into it and hook the two QD pins on the bottom loader arms and then set the angle of the aframe to level and unhook the two hoses that run the curl on the bucket and hook up the two hoses from the clyinders on the plow and I back up and start plowing. This is THE set up for plowing with a tractor as ever other method we have looked into is some sorta comprimise and most a trying to use the "float postion" on the loader to run the plow and that is the end of it right there as the weight of the loader arms is now involved in the equation and now the minute you start plowing the blade pushes the tractor away from the snow and thats were all these horror stories get started.............. the tractors are very capable of plowing lots of snow with out ANY steering problems if they are set up correctly . But that is a pretty big statement as the almost NEVER are. Our system is not new at all and is just the same old set up the Fisher Engineering knew over 45 years ago. EVERYONE that has one of our adaptors loves it and has no steering issues at all.
We are just welding up the first of the Kabota adaptors right now getting ready for next winter! I had a interested party come and try the JD just before the last storms left us and he was so impressed he bought the first one before we had ever built it!
E ....

View my Photos
Murf

2008-04-22          153172

That's pretty much why I started doing it that way 25 years ago. LOL

For a small fee I'll even show you the better way to connect the hydraulics up too.... ;)

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
NorthernMainer

2008-04-25          153259

Hey Murf,
Hey my latest setup is to have two short hoses now on my hydro clyinders on the Fisher plow and I leave the hoses I had first right on the loader arms and just QD right off the end of them so I dont have to remove the hoses when I want to put the bucket on! I have a lead on a nice snowblower for the rear very reasonable so am kicking that around how that would be to have the snowblower on the back and Fisher on the front????? Any ideas you have on hooking up better I am always interested in better ideas as I have no doubt that there is lots about all this that I dont know..................... ;-)
Got a set of Landpride Harrowing Discs on the rear right now Model is 1572 I think,[borrowed from a friend] weight is like 715lbs; and ground around here is just dry enough to drag up some dirt, to get ready to get some "Deer Plots" in for this coming fall! I feed about 30 Whitetail here all winter and am going to try some kinda mixture to see if I can keep a few interested in my back fields all summer!
E ....

View my Photos
Murf

2008-04-28          153296

First off, I doubt you be happy with just a snowblower for counter balance unless you have loaded tires.

Compacts aren't very good candidates for loaded tires unless they are not to be used off of paved surfaces.

Secondly, just tapping into the bucket curl circuit will leave two sets of cylinders on the same circuit. The hydraulics behave like electricity, it always takes the path of least resistance, if it is easier to tip the bucket curl cylinders than to turn the plow because of snow load, that is what will happen.

Did I miss something?

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
NorthernMainer

2008-04-28          153318

Murf,
My rear tires are loaded with Rimguard, I think from memory about 300lbs per tire but my memory isnt always the best! As for my hoses, to run the clyinders down on the plow; the way I am hooked up, I went back to the distibution block under my hyrdo pedals, on the right side of a 3200 series JD and unhook the curl hoses "After I set the loader angle" so the aframe of the Fisher plow is absolutely level, and then when I unhook them from the distibution block that LOCKS the curl clyinders on the loader, so the relation between the castings on the loader arms and the Aframe is always the same. This also gets my away from the weight of the loader arms pushing down onto the plow, I have only the weight of the plow holding it down: Exactly the same as when you install one on a pickup; and I am sure this is the very reason I am having no steering problems; that everyone seams to experance with this "float postion mind set" that most of the plow set ups I looked into have, before deciding how to try to set one up . I used an indicator;to return to the same spot each time I lifted the plow, so I would have the same amount of slack in the chain, as the plow just rests on the shoes. However next season, I am going to put on a set of restrictors on the main loader clyinders so when the arms are down all the way against the restrictors; again the arms would be in the indicator position ;-)

Thanks for all the help
E ....

View my Photos
Murf

2008-04-29          153327

I have the same basic design, but can switch back and forth in about 5 seconds and don't have to do anything put plug stuff in, my way doesn't use the cylinders internal seals as locks either. A few good bumps and you can kiss those rod and gland seals goodbye.

As for ballast, 600# sure doesn't sound like much weight back there, especially considering what weight you have, and how far out front it is. I use a ~1,000# box blade and my machine has a full cab so that likely adds a few hundred pounds more still.

Best of luck. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login