Go Bottom Go Bottom

HYDROSTAT PEDALS

View my Photos
RICHARD HAYGOOD
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-04-10          14655

THE PEDALS ON THE 4300 JOHN DEERE HYDROSTATIC TRANSMISSION ARE HARD TO PUSH IT. THE REVERSE PEDEL IS THE WORST ONE. I THINK THE ANGLE MAKES IT EASY TO HAVE YOUR FOOT SLIP OFF. HAS ANYONE FOUND A CURE FOR THIS? DO THEY GET ANY EASIER AS THE TRACTOR GETS OLDER?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

HYDROSTAT PEDALS

View my Photos
Larry in MI.

2000-04-10          14658

I suspect that the condition does not improve with age. I also suspect your generic complaint is the reason that Kubota now has a "feather touch" hst. I further suspect that JD and the others will not be far behind. Unfortunately that doesn't do much for those of us with the current generation of compact tractors. ....

HYDROSTAT PEDALS

View my Photos
Terry Weivoda

2000-04-10          14665

I just picked up my new 4600 hydro on Saturday. I traded in my 4300 hydro and one of first things I noticed is the difference in the pedal pressure required.
The new tractor is not nearly as jerky but it takes a little getting used to. When your backing up and take your foot of the pedal the tractor does not stop as abruptly as the older tractor. On balance I like the feel of the new tractor but I do have to be prepared to use the break more than before. I had 150 hours on my 4300 and the pedal pressure didn't change much during that period. My dealer check the linkage and lubrication but nothing seemed to make a difference. I think it is just part of the hydro design and you will have to live with it. ....

HYDROSTAT PEDALS

View my Photos
bestoldman

2000-04-10          14670

higher horse power requires mores presure. ....

HYDROSTAT PEDALS

View my Photos
Alan L. Lewis

2000-04-10          14671

The HST pedal pressure on my Kubota B2710 is perfect. I have experienced no fatigue mowing or doing loader work all day long. I can slow down to a crawl and really have developed a nice touch for the pedal. In my opinion the pedal on the 2710 couldn't be better. ....

HYDROSTAT PEDALS

View my Photos
bestoldman

2000-04-10          14672

add to my erliear post John DEERE probably had complaints of to agresive hydro. pedles and are trying to correct the problem. ....

HYDROSTAT PEDALS

View my Photos
Donald

2000-04-11          14676

The HST pedal on the New Holland Boomer is great! All I have to do is rock my foot back or forward. And when mowing, once I have it at the speed I want, just set the cruise control and I'm in business. ....

HYDROSTAT PEDALS

View my Photos
Steve

2000-04-13          14734

My 4300 was built in mid January. I have had absolutely no problems with pedal pressure. I do recall lots of posts on this board regarding pedal pressure. Maybe they changed something. Steve ....

HYDROSTAT PEDALS

View my Photos
Kenny

2000-04-13          14755

There is a two position adjustment for hydro pedal pressure. It is the same bolt that adjusts creep. I have found that the factory sets them in the stiffer setting. adjusting them to the lighter setting makes a big difference. Ask your dealer to make this adjustment for you, it is a little touchy to get it right. ....

HYDROSTAT PEDALS

View my Photos
Ronnie Franks

2000-04-14          14779

Kenny, does this two position pedal adjustment apply to the JD 4300? Wouldn't mind if mine were easier to operate! Also, as my tractor doesn't get to the dealer often, is it something the mechanically inclined can handle? ....

HYDROSTAT PEDALS

View my Photos
john hunter

2000-11-06          21288

I received my JD 4300 about three weeks ago, the hydrostat rear pedal is very hard to depress. The dealer said there is nothing that can be done. I specified in my contract that this problem be resolved before the order was placed. This tractor cost more than $20,000. John Deere can resolve the problem if they wanted to. Do we all sit and be happy with this problem or do we all band together to get it resolved?????? ....

HYDROSTAT PEDALS

View my Photos
luther

2000-11-07          21295

There is a grease fitting between the pedals underneath the tractor that is often forgotten to be greased and lubricated. On my 4300 which had hte heavy pedals, they are now very smooth and easy to operate without any mechanical adjustments. ....

HYDROSTAT PEDALS

View my Photos
kay

2000-11-07          21296

I have not found the pedal (4300) pressures (forward or reverse) to be difficult at all. And I like the quick stop when I take my foot off the f/r HST pedals. If I don't want the quick stop, I don't take my foot off, but let up on the pedal slowly. And I wouldn't be without the ability to use the left/right rear wheel brakes at the same time I am moving forward or in reverse. I am very happy with my JD. Be happy with what you have, or trade it if you think something else is better. ....

HYDROSTAT PEDALS

View my Photos
Mike S.

2000-11-07          21308

Kay--I must respectfully disagree with your statement that a person should be happy with what they have or trade for something else--in reference to a person that is having difficulty with their hydro pedals. If we 4x00 JD owners were all happy with the turf-tearing front ends or willing to settle for tractors that were advertised as good mowing machines, but literally tore the grass out of the ground when in 2WD with a turn no greater than half-way to steering lock, JD would have been unlikely to fix it. Were I satisfied with my 4400 lurching and freewheeling, JD would not have replaced the transmission and cured the problem. Were we 4x00 owners satisfied or willing to settle for dash glasses that fogged up when wet, JD would probably not have issued a DTAC solution bulletin. Were I not satisfied with my tractor periodically deciding to keep on going after letting up on the forward hydro pedal, I could have traded for another tractor--and in fact have been very interested in a TC35D, but it is too large for my needs. In such situations, IMHO, whether it is a car, truck or tractor, the company that created the problem needs to fix it as my dealer has been responsible about fixing my tractor. At the very least, we should hope that the company that created the issue would be interested in correcting it in the future in order to improve their product and offer better competition as well as higher resale value for our products. Were this not true of JD, I wonder why they allegedly are replacing the 4x00 line of compact diesels with a 4x10 line in a couple of years (according to a couple of postings I have seen elsewhere on the Internet)? Your mileage may vary. Mike S. ....

HYDROSTAT PEDALS

View my Photos
john hunter

2000-11-09          21337

Kay-There is an old wise saying, "As long as we accept anything the
manufacturers produce, they will keep producing it". ....

HYDROSTAT PEDALS

View my Photos
Jim Smith

2000-11-09          21352

Take your tractor to your local dealer. I had this same problem with the first several hydros that I sold in the mid chassis line up. We acknowledged to our customers that we had the problem and corrected it. Have your dealer dtac the case. They can send him a list of solutions. If he still tells you that there is no fix then I suggest finding another Deere dealer. ....

HYDROSTAT PEDALS

View my Photos
JeffM

2000-11-10          21362

Look back to what Kenny referred to in April. I bought a 4400 in April and asked the dealer to adjust the hydro pedals to the lighter setting, which I found to be a perfect compromise (too heavy = fatigue and foot slip, too light = difficult to control on bumpy terrain). I found the heavier setting to be too much. I believe that the 4200-4400's manufactured after March 1 (maybe earlier) all have this 2 setting capability. ....

HYDROSTAT PEDALS

View my Photos
john hunter

2000-11-11          21403

Luther-thanks, greasing that hydro pedal fitting made a very big improvement.
I would think the dealer should know this?????? ....

HYDROSTAT PEDALS

View my Photos
Mike S.

2000-11-11          21412

John--after getting my bifocals focused right, I found two fittings under the tractor on the hydro pedal shaft--one on a two inch long stalk and also a regular fitting. Also, I found that the little roller bearing a few inches above the grease fittings was dragging against the top of the cam-like lever when the forward pedal was depressed whereas the same roller bearing would not drag against the bottom of the cam-like lever (sorry about this poor description), so I shot it with some CRC lubricant and it seemed to free up the forward pedal and also seemed to allow the pedal to come up when removing my foot. While checking out the hydro pedal linkages, I noticed that the rubber boot that surrounds what appears to be a 6 inch long gas-filled strut (keeps the hydro pedal from instantly jumping back up) had come loose which would allow dirt and water to enter and perhaps cause problems later. These observations are from memory since my tractor is at the dealership getting some linkage upgrades. Mike S. ....

HYDROSTAT PEDALS

View my Photos
john hunter

2000-11-12          21435

Mike S-Thanks. John Deere 4300 grease fittings. I could only find one grease fitting on the hydro peddals. I found sixteen fittings on the loader arms, four
on the Long 4-n-1 bucket, and three on the tie rods/ball joints. Are there anymore?????? I checked them all for grease. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login