Go Bottom Go Bottom

Putting Aux Work Lights on a 4710

View my Photos
reason201
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-03-19          140524

Hey guys I feel like an idiot for having to ask this. I want to add a couple work lights to the rear of my 4710. I have seen a couple posts indicating that there may be an unused 12V connection for just that purpose. I have checked a couple moulded connectors that dont seem to be plugged into anything but they do not seem to be connected to the lights switch. I get no 12V when checking them. Can anyone guide me in the right direction? I tied two forward facing lights into the tail light circuit but I don't want to add any more draw to that circuit.

Thanks,

John

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Iowafun
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-03-21          140602

I can't speak specifically to the 4710, but my 4310 had the extra connection at the rear below the seat. When you take the volt measurement, are you placing the other lead to an unpainted "chassis ground"?

Mine connector was hanging right there. I wish I could give you more specifics but my tractor is not at home right now so i can't go look. ....

View my Photos
reason201

2007-03-22          140626

Well the mystery is solved... After much head scratching, I found that the original fuse for the work light circuit was bad and the new fuse I replaced it with was also bad. I checked for voltage at the fuse panel and found it was good. I could not think of anything else to do so i grabbed another fuse out of the box and like magic, I had lights.

Nothing like fighting a bad fuse out of a new box. ....

View my Photos
Iowafun

2007-03-22          140637

Well, glad you found it. I've found the aux lights to be very useful when working in dark conditions. Better yet, they were great for hooking up attachments in a dark shed. ....

View my Photos
bloggins

2007-03-24          140698

On Case/NH tractors there is a 12VDC 10 Amp power outlet under the seat. I hooked up two 55 watt Bosch driving lights to the ROPS (one facing forward and the other facing aft (behind). These lights were fabulous this past winter, I have no idea how one can operate without the extra lighting...it's a must have. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login