Go Bottom Go Bottom

JD 650 HYDRAULICS

View my Photos
Dave Wilson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-02-25          13152

I have just purchased a JD 650, no manuals.. I've bee able to figure out MOST things - BUT - what is the knob under the seat, marked open and close. Mine won't turn and I don't know what position it is in, or should be in.Thanks,Dave W.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

JD 650 HYDRAULICS

View my Photos
DanaT

2000-02-25          13153

Let's see, If your seat is flipped up there is a knob! On a 755 it is to adjust the flow rate of hyd fluid to the 3 point. If it's closed down the 3 point will move slowly & open will move 3 point fast. ....

JD 650 HYDRAULICS

View my Photos
bud in oh.

2000-02-25          13159

On the 70&4000 series this valve controls only the speed at which the three point drops. That way you can adjust rate of drop on heavy or light equipment. ....

JD 650 HYDRAULICS

View my Photos
Joe Padavano

2000-02-28          13218

On my JD850, in addition to controlling the rate of drop, turning the knob all the way closed will actually lock the 3pt hydraulically.

Also, you should be able to order manuals for your 650 from a JD dealer. I recently got the full set for my 850. ....

JD 650 HYDRAULICS

View my Photos
Wynn Bowman

2000-06-01          16836

Dave,

I have a 650 and an Operators manual. The Knob under the seat is to be used when it is cold outside to close the valve to the 3 point hitch and make the oil recirculate to get warm faster. Normally the knob should be open. Hope this helps. Sorry took so long but I just was checking the site and saw it.

Wynn ....

JD 650 HYDRAULICS

View my Photos
Eric Edwards

2000-06-01          16842

Dave.. I have had a JD750 for two years. When I purchased it the knob you're talking about did not do anything. The reason I suspect is that it was frozen in place like yours might be and the previous owner broke it off inside. Upon finding this out I purchased a kit from JD and replaced it myself. It is in fact called the "stop valve" to be used to shut off or actually redirect fluid flow to a surge relief valve, which, when being forced though, heats up the hyd fluid on a cold day. The stop valve can lock the rockshaft, and therefore the 3pth in place, unless the load on it exceeds the 3pth gross wt specified for your machine. If the wt is too heavy the fluid squeezes by the relief valve and you hear that screaming sound from your hydraulics and the rockshaft lowers. My suggestion is, if you're really interested in your machine and how it works then purchase a "Technical Manual" from your JD dealer #TM1242 and if you're handy fix it yourself. These manuals are the best. Written in understandable language and full of pictures and diagrams. I only hope the newer ones for the 1070 are as good, since I'm purchasing this larger tractor this weekend. Goodluck ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login