Go Bottom Go Bottom

4210 PTO not Engaging

View my Photos
SeonSr
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-05-16          129443

I thought I posted this yesterday but don't see it so I'll post again.

I've owned this 4210 for three years and never needed to use the PTO until yesterday when I connected the recently acquired Taylor Ways Backhoe. The PTO controlled with a pull/push knob located on the right side besides the 3 pt slide control.
At any rate the PTO does not engaged. I've checked for loose or disconnected wiring underneath the floor board but didn't see any.
I've checked for loose or disconnected wiring underneath the floor board but didn't see any. When I pull the PTO knob t engage the PTO, the dash light comes on and when I lift myself off the seat, the engine cuts off so that tells me that the wiring is good.
I was told that the solenoid maybe bad so how do I test that? How do you remove the solenoid...unscrew it or it it a plug in type that's "lifted off" the 2"x5"x1-1/4" rectangular housing?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

4210 PTO not Engaging

View my Photos
SeonSr
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-06-01          130257

Well the tractor went to the dealer and they found the solenoid connector wiring was faulty. $86/hr got my PTO going. ....

4210 PTO not Engaging

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-06-02          130267

You hit something here that must please some mfg and dealers: the number of machines sold that get low use and run out of warranty before some defects are found.

I recently had a much higher cost experience with another brand that had the machine been run near normal hours it would have happened during warranty period.

4210 PTO not Engaging

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-06-02          130280

Ken, you are right with pleasing some dealers but not all! I hate it when that happens! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login