Go Bottom Go Bottom

3520 sitting in the garage

View my Photos
chrisscholz
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-04-09          127435

I brought home the new member to the family. A 6mo old used JD3520/ehydro/300cx/72mmm for $20000. This tractor is like a Cadillac. Can't believe how you can inch along like a feather with the ehydro when hooking up to the bucket or other implements. Dealer said I do not need a block heater for the winter months. It can get to 10degrees F. Any opinions on this?
ALso, when I lean forward off the seat to watch the loader when hooking up to the bucket, the tractor won't move since there is no pressure on the seat. Is that pressure sensor in the cushion, or on the spring? Anyway, can't believe I finally have the tractor.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-04-09          127439

Congratulations on the new machine! Your dealer is correct in that a block heater is not "needed". The engine will start just fine at even lower temps. I strongly suggest installing the block heater as it can be used as an engine pre-heater when plugged in an hour or two directly prior to use. This DRASTICALLY reduces warm up time and in general adds to and aid in the longevity of the engine. I would also strongly recommend installing the transmission oil heater at the 50 break-in service if you have not already exceeded the time for this service or it has already been completed.

Sound like you may have a sticking seat safety switch. Review your owner's manual which will go over testing the function of these switches. Sometimes is is just a matter of some grit or dirt making the switches stick which can be clean out with some compressed air and or some brake cleaning spray or similar electronic cleaning spray.

You may want to look into installing the seat arm rest kit and work lights while you are at it. They make real nice and handy additions.

Enjoy! ....

View my Photos
Iowafun
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-04-10          127495

I also live in Iowa and I have a 4310. I have the block heater installed, but haven't used it since I bought the tractor 2 winters ago. She fires right up if you use the glow plugs. Great running tractors.

I love the 72" MMM as it cuts down the mowing time by over 50%. Congrats on your new toy!! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login