Go Bottom Go Bottom

Burning Biodiesel

View my Photos
runslikeadeere
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-03-29          126828

Have any of you been burning any of the various forms of Biodiesel in your tractors? I have a JD 790 and the manual does not address the issue. I would imagine this has been discussed at length before but I am rather new, so please indulge me and let me know what experience you have had with it. I think Willie Nelson seems to be promoting a good thing until something better comes along. Thank you.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Burning Biodiesel

View my Photos
Iowafun
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-03-29          126830

Nope. But they are building a biodiesel plant in the town I currently work in. But I would have no ualms about running biodiesel in my tractor or my pickup. Just my opinion.

I'll be running my motorcycle to work this summer since the fuel prices are unreal. If this keeps up, I may have to look into those homemade biodiesel refineries and grow my own fuel once I kill the gophers. ....

Burning Biodiesel

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-03-29          126831

I've been using bio diesel since it first came around, and have had no problems. I don't know about compacts, but I think all new Deere farm tractors and combines leave the factory with bio diesel in them. I do hope that science can come up with something to replace the fuels we have today when we may need all the grain and oilseeds to feed the people and crude oil becomes out of reach costwise. For the time being we don't seem to be a nation too concerned with conservation of fuels, drive past an auto dealership and notice the front row is all fullsize four door pickups and the seem to sell like there free. Frank. ....

Burning Biodiesel

View my Photos
ScooterMagee
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-03-29          126840

I have on occasion used B2. I notice absolutely no difference. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login