Go Bottom Go Bottom

755 JD Utility Tractor 20HP Diesel

View my Photos
Jack G
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-02-13          124447

I have a JD 755 Utility Tractor with a 20 HP Diesel engine.
While trying to start it the other day I found the battery to be bad. I suspected this to be going for some time. I rushed down to the local Sears, installed a new one and my JD started up as usual. After only several minutes of hauling snow with the front-end loader it had begun to smoke. This continued until I lost power and turned it off. Oil was seen to cover the engine and being spewed onto the snow. The crankcase oil was also down.

I am not a mechanic, but can do maintenance if I knew the problem. Can anyone help me as to possible problems or should I send it to an expert.

Thanks ... Jack

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-02-13          124453

Sorry to hear about your problems Jack. What does the coolant in the radiator look like and what does the oil in the crank case look like? Was the oil coming out of the breather tube for the crank case? ....

View my Photos
Jack G

2006-02-14          124492

I did look into the radiator and saw it to be up and it appeared to be clean (greenish yellow). The oil, as I said, was down, and what I saw spewed on the snow appeared clear and for a lack of a better word, the color of pee. I will have to check and get back to you on the breather tube issue.

Thanks for the reply and help,

Jack ....

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-02-14          124493

You are certain it is not a hydraulic oil leak? Unless you just changed the oil it is likely to have some color. A leak of hydraulic oil would explain the loss of power and if the transmission was binding the black smoke. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2006-02-14          124507

Eric has a good point. If the oil was engine crank case oil, it would be pitch black unless you very recently changed it. Very well could be a hydraulic leak. Suggest you check your transmission oil level and look for the leak through out your hydraulic system. ....

View my Photos
Jack G

2006-02-16          124631

Thanks to the both of you. I will check out the hydraulic line and see what is up.
Jack ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login