Go Bottom Go Bottom

front end loader is loose

View my Photos
deere 21
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-12-29          121878

the other day i noticed that when i was on my john deere 790 that my front end loader was loose this was with no load on it. The loader is loose where the peice comes out from the frame and the loader arm sets on, do any of you know what this could be or where i can check to see whats came loose also it doesn't seem to affect the use of the loader, it's tight with a load on it just when there is no load it bouncing up around on that piece, by the way the loader is the 300 loader. sorry i don't the exact names of the parts.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
wingwiper

2005-12-29          121882

I had the same problem with my FEL and 4115, I had the dealer pick it up and then adjusted the arm and welded a shim and then painted it. It has worked excellent and done a tremendous amount of heavy work since. ....

View my Photos
jdgreg

2005-12-30          121959

I have the same problem with the 420 loader on my 4210. The shims mentioned are not for where the loader mast sets on the support that's bolted to the engine block, but for the front of the loader, where the adjustment bolts are, I believe. I made some shims out of sheet metal, and formed them around the edges of the mast foot to keep them on. The loose fitment causes the bucket to be slightly crooked. I may try and have the shims welded on. ....

View my Photos
JDFANATIC
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-12-30          121964

I was just talking to my dealer about the differences between the 210 loader on my 2210 and the 200CX which replaces it. He said that the new design takes this "loosening" into consideration, and, is less likely to do so. He also suggested shimming or welding material if it ever gets to the point where it effects performance.

Happy New Year

JDFANATIC ....

View my Photos
wingwiper

2005-12-30          121973

They actually welded shimes to rear side of the square steel post that runs left to right on the Tractor and that the FEL pillar rests on, plus they made adjustments on the front arm bolts. It is as solid as a rock now. Before the pillar would wiggle, big time and had me quite concerned, now it doesn't budge a milimeter, well maybe a small milimeter, but just a small one. ....

View my Photos
jdgreg

2005-12-30          122008

That sounds exactly like what I'll be trying to do this spring. When you posted "shims" I thought you were referring to the JD shim kit that is welded to the front horizontal arms where the adjustment bolts are, sorry. It took me a lot of research to find what the shim kit was that everyone was referring me to. ....

View my Photos
steve4300

2006-01-07          122372

mine started to do that a while back on the left side and the dealer siad he could sell me some shims but he himself likes to add a couple of small welding beads where the arms attach then grind it down to get it to fit. He said it seems to last better then the shims that you have to weld on anyways. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login