Go Bottom Go Bottom

John Deere Model 48 Backhoe

View my Photos
Gary Albiston
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-01-22          12149

Has anyone heard anything about the recall on the mounting hardware for the madel 48 backhoe. The adapter plates may fail if the attaching hardware becomes loose. Has anyone had this problem and have they come up with a cure for it as of yet? Been waiting to hear from the dealer about it. Thanks Gary

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Don in Oregon

2000-01-26          12248

I visited with the J.D. Dealer Assistance Center today. I am waiting on a 48 hoe that has been put on hold do to the potential problem you described. Sounds like the problem is not common, but it only takes one machine with a potential safety problem to prompt serious examination by Deere. I was told today that new brackets and hardware have been designed, tested and are ready for production as soon as they get tooled up to build them. Availability of new 48 backhoes is tentatively scheduled for late Feb. Also, all units built before will be updated with the new parts as part of a mandatory safety product improvement program. Current owners should be getting a letter from Deere to check their mounting hardware daily until the P.I.P has been done. I believe this only affects 48 backhoes for 45,46,4700 tractors.
Don, J.D. Dlr. ....

View my Photos
JeffM

2000-01-27          12276

Don, Thanks for an informative response. I presently have a 48 backhoe on order but with a 4400 tractor. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login