Go Bottom Go Bottom

Hooks for Bucket - 2210

View my Photos
millers1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-11-13          119293

Need an anchor point for chains / straps so I can use the 210 loader for lifting "stuff". Dealer has some nice heavy duty hooks... where's the best place on the 210 bucket to mount 'em?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Hooks for Bucket - 2210

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-11-13          119294

Often they are mounted on the top bucket edge in line with the bucket attachment points, but sometimes a third one is mounted in the middle. To keep the bucket from getting bent up it's advisable to gusset the underside of the bucket lip where the hooks are welded. ....

Hooks for Bucket - 2210

View my Photos
millers1

2005-11-13          119297

Hmm.. never thought about reinforcing. That's a good very good idea. I have a friend that's a welder.. should be able to get him to do a real nice job. Thanks for the input. ....

Hooks for Bucket - 2210

View my Photos
bmeyer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-11-13          119299

A user by the name of "bigpete" in Deleware put hooks on his bucket. He had some nice pictures in his folder. I downloaded some for my file in case I ever do that.

You might try to look him up. I know others have good ideas and photos on this topic as well.

B. Meyer ....

Hooks for Bucket - 2210

View my Photos
JDFANATIC

2005-11-13          119301

Here's my solution:
[URL=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/grf58/BucketHooks_0014.jpg][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/grf58/th_BucketHooks_0014.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Cheers

JDFANATIC
JD2210 ....

Hooks for Bucket - 2210

View my Photos
millers1

2005-11-13          119303

That should work.. thanks for the picture. ....

Hooks for Bucket - 2210

View my Photos
bmeyer

2005-11-13          119307

If you follow this link you'll get to the pictures I mentioned from "bigpete". His photos include some of the reinforcement that was recommended to you.

http://jplan.com/cgi-bin/tractor/profileAbout.pl?user=bigpete&msgnum=96732 ....

Hooks for Bucket - 2210

View my Photos
daveinnh

2005-11-14          119332

I had 3 hooks installed on a 6' wide bucket for our Kubota L4310. The hooks were sized for the intended chain - I picked out several 5/16" chains rated for ~ 4,000 lb.(3/8 was a little heavy).

The dealer welded the 5/16" hooks onto 2" x 2" plates, then welded the plates onto the bucket. No problems. The chain links latch into the hook - maybe try 1/4"? ....

Hooks for Bucket - 2210

View my Photos
Murf

2005-11-15          119355

If you use chain hooks, especially "grab" hooks, you may later regret it when you want to use the hooks for other things like holding a shovel, or when you want to use a rope or nylon strap or sling to pull, carry, fasten or lift something.

I used the hooks they sell for bolting to the frame of a pickup for pulling it when stuck. They are cheap, $5.00 a pair including nuts, bolts, and the little springs to keep anything from slipping off the hook.

There have been many times I have tied stuff off to them that chain hooks wouldn't have permitted. They also accept large clevis' and things that won't work with a small hook.

Ones like them (less the keepers) are visible in my pictures # 15 & 18 on the top of my utility frame.

Best of luck. ....

Hooks for Bucket - 2210

View my Photos
DRankin

2005-11-15          119356

After you check Murf's pictures check my pictures too. ....

Hooks for Bucket - 2210

View my Photos
beagle

2005-11-15          119382

Just for a taste of variety, We took a different approach. We have a load bar that bolts to the loader bucket that has a somewhat universal attachment points on it. I have several different types of hooks and rigging that we attach to the load bar depending on what needs to be done. It also acts as the front runner bar for the buckets hooks, which can slide along the length for adjustment. It's been a great tool, and gets a variety of uses. The load bar is on the bucket in my pic 1 with one of the bolted clevises on it. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login