John Deere or Kubota: John Deere Review  -- John Deere Tractors Discussion Forum and Review John Deere or Kubota: John Deere Review -- John Deere Tractors Discussion Forum

parts   |   manuals   |   discussion   |   photos   |   podcast   |   reviews   |   specs   |   dealers   |   classifieds   |   contact   |   faq   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

FAQ:   What is a tractor?

Forum Index
New As Posted | Active Subjects

www.emerichsales.com - New & Used Equipment
          View Tractors For Sale!

www.partsbynet.com - Lawn and Garden Equipment Parts

Bernardsville Landscape Lighting
Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > John Deere Review Forum

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | 3 | | Next >>
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 10-12-2005, 22:44 Post: 117815
Ron Miller
2005-10-12 22:44:05
 John Deere or Kubota

I am having a Tough time deciding....John Deere 3320 with 33.3 HP or a Kubota 3400 with 32.5 HP both new and with FEL. This will replace my 1955 Ford 800 tractor.

I just like the looks of a JD and am comfortable with the name but the price difference ($2800.00 more for the JD) makes me cringe. Both dealers are within 4 miles of my home.

I don't mean to start any controversy.
Any help out there would be appreciated.

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us | Stumble This

10-13-2005, 00:43 Post: 117816
Peters

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

Filter by User
 John Deere or Kubota

I have owned 2 Deere in this size range. Both were constructed and built in Osaka Japan by Yanmar. Yanmar has a good reputation in Marine diesels in the States, but has not really sold well under its own name. Deere is now assembling the tractors in Alpharetta, GA with Yanmar components from Osaka Japan.
The Kubota are assembled here in Gainsville GA with Kubota components from Osaka Japan. Kubota engines are sold to Bobcat and other reputable equipment manufactures.
There is likely a little more US content in the Deere. Do I think there is 2800$ difference? What do you think? I'd say No.
Personally I bought Deere because they were the best deal used, low hour machines for less money.
That said make sure you are happy with the machine. I have a 1960 MF 65 that still performs well and in some ways better than some new machines. You might have to live with it a long time.

10-13-2005, 08:35 Post: 117831
Chief

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics
 John Deere or Kubota

Ron,

As a goal, try to shoot for MSRP minus 20% on both machines. Many dealers will come off of the MSRP 10% to 20% with 10% to 15% seeming to be the typical discount. Dealers with aged inventory or making room for new year models may be more willing to do this and may even go a bit more. I think you will be very satisfied with either machine.

10-13-2005, 12:00 Post: 117845
Iowafun

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 John Deere or Kubota

Both manufacturers have excellent reputations and either would work well for you. Is there any difference between dealers regarding warranty/repair work history and reputation? That may be an important deciding factor.

10-13-2005, 12:29 Post: 117847
jd2210

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics
 John Deere or Kubota

I would consider the quality to be equal between the two machines. Even though that is said, I would purchase what I want and that's hard to put a price on, i.e., creature features, etc., but that's reality when you get to a point in your life when it's what you want. Believe me and regardless which you purchase (Deere for features vs. Kubota to save some money), if your heart is not into it you will not be happy with it for as long as you own it and given these machines that could be a long.....time.

10-13-2005, 12:57 Post: 117849
denwood

Filter by User
 John Deere or Kubota

Yes both are tops, in my consideration, the loader is the single most important feature when both tractors are excellent. I found the JD to detach/attach easier and quicker, no kick stand junk on the JD. Go to the dealer and do both yourself. Look at the breakout strength at the pivot pin NOT the lift capacity. It is generally a useless number but good for comparison. The strongest is just necessary for me and JD smoked the comparables. It may have changed with new models. Get the Quick tach bucket with the univeral skid steer pattern. If you ever want any other attachments, you will be glad.

10-13-2005, 13:18 Post: 117850
Art White

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics
 John Deere or Kubota

Initial build quality goes to Kubota hands down! They have never had the recalls of the other manufacturers bar none. Deere does do a good job of correcting their mistakes in a timely manner. There are no to things created equal by man!!!!! Doesn't happen, no matter how precise someone tries to copy. Kubota has long enjoyed a list of options on units that the other makes continue to try and keep up with as well as the types of the machines built. To use the saying that "they are all the same" is misleading as it just doesn't happen!

10-13-2005, 17:08 Post: 117858
willhughes

John Deere or Kubota

My opinion probably isn't quite as valid as those more experienced tractor folks, but I recently purchased a 3120 as my first (and hopefully only) tractor and am still in the figgering it out process, but have to say it is a very fine machine which is similar to the size & shape of the 3320, just has a few less hp. A friend told me the green stands for $$$ going out. But I do have to say I like it sitting in the garage. I'll just have to keep the 94 Jeep a few more years. I don't know about the Kubotas, but I am very impressed with the JD safety features and the fact the tractor seems to be very user-friendly.

10-14-2005, 00:53 Post: 117868
Ron Miller
2005-10-14 00:00:00
 John Deere or Kubota

Thank you all for the input it really helps having other ideas to toss around, when I finally decide I will post my decision.

10-28-2005, 20:34 Post: 118593
RMillers

Filter by User
 John Deere or Kubota

Well I decided on the JD3320 4WD Hydro with a 300X FEL. R4 tires and a ballast box. They will deliver next week.

Kubota was hard to pass up but it boiled down to simply my personal opinion. I paid $19950.00 with a 3 year 0% JD financing. Maybe not the best deal in the world but its a John Deere. Man I hate it when I think like that. By the way the owner of the Kubota dealership was an old high school friend (30 some years ago) so I'm going to have to dodge him forever now. Anyway I'm looking forward to delivery.

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | 3 | | Next >>

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > John Deere Review Forum

Thread 117815 Filter by Poster:
Art White 1 | beth asher 1 | Chief 1 | denwood 2 | Iowafun 2 | jd2210 1 | kwschumm 2 | ncrunch32 2 | Peters 3 | retcol 1 | RMillers 2 | roger w 1 | rogermo 1 | Ron Miller 2 | willhughes 1 |

Most Viewed

+ John Deere 2210 Backhoe Review
+ John Deere vs Kubota Compact Tractors
+ John Deere 790 fuel shut-off solenoid failing???
+ John Deere low viscosity HY GARD
+ John Deere JD 4100 Wiring diagram
+ JD 790 or Kubota L3000DT
+ Should I buy a John Deere 4105???
+ John Deere 4300 turns over but won't start
+ John Deere 455 garden tractor
+ Oil Change for Diesel Tractor

Most Discussion

+ John Deere 4300 scuffing......
+ Possible Solution To The 4000
+ Dealer out to lunch
+ Just got my new JD 4410 - Prob