Go Bottom Go Bottom

Seal for 1050 W mfwd

View my Photos
Jim White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-01-03          11676

I need to replace a seal between the spindle casing and the outer drive housing on the mfwd portion of my tractor. I'm having a terrible time tring to find the right part, I believe JD has had some design changes over the years to this area to only complicate matters.The part JD keeps sending me is #CH19161, it is a seal however its the wrong size. The seal is a special design with a total of 4 wipers in it, it has an OD of 75mm , ID is 60mm, and is 13mm thick. It is made by NOK and has a part # BE1600E (OEM only). If anyone has any idea as were I could find this part or if you know someone that could help me locate it please respond. thanx, jim

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Seal for 1050 W mfwd

View my Photos
Roger L.

2000-01-03          11678

Jim, I've had the exact same problem with JD parts. And oddly(?) enough, it is usually with the seals. Getting these parts is fine until they decide to change or update the part. Then the JD parts numbering system seems to choke up. It's not that the part isn't out there...but finding a number to successfully access it can be a nightmare. Several times I have just given up.
The best JD person that I know of for relentlessly tracking down parts is Greg at Steven's Equipment in Franktown, Colo.
Have you tried to locate it from the manufacturer? Although JD must have these parts available, because this seal commonly needs replacing. Oil leakage at this joint is an unfortunate byproduct of having that nifty bevel gear mfwd. You can replace the seal over and over again....but if yours is a "leaker" you may find that it will always seep a little at that joint. ....

Seal for 1050 W mfwd

View my Photos
David Paul

2000-01-04          11679

My Yanmar parts book for a YM3810D (Equiv to JD 1050) Indicates there are two seals stacked in this area. The total thickness of this arrangement is 15mm. If you think this will work we can provide you with these seals for a reasonable cost. Contact Affordable Equipment 864-859-2623 or email ....

Seal for 1050 W mfwd

View my Photos
Jim White

2000-01-04          11695

Thank-you for your responses, I think I've resolved the problem. What I found was JD originally stacked two seals on top of each other as shown in the tech manual (early style) then they came out with a single seal design (what I have) however it is not published in a parts book or in a tech. manual there was a bulletin posted in 1986 stating that the seal is a part number CH17593, this seal was only used a short time before the casting was redesigned to accept a sleeve and larger diameter seal (later style). So if any of you need this seal use #CH1793. Before I replaced the seal I installed a "Speedi-sleeve" over the worn area of the casing to give a smooth, groove free place for the new seal to ride.

thanx again
Jim ....

Seal for 1050 W mfwd

View my Photos
Stephen R. Cebenko

2001-04-06          26393

I just bought (approx.) an '87. I see that it has that problem also, what was the cost of the seal? I'm going to have a local mechanic do it because it seems bad. He gave me a price of around $170. Is this some thing that can be done with out a puller and with regular tools? Also, do you need a manual? It's funny, I was looking at this tractor for about an hour and I didn't see this. I guess it was love. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login