Go Bottom Go Bottom

JD 4310 3pt

View my Photos
jstaats
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-09-13          116331

The lever that raises and lowers the 3pt hitch has recently started drift back to the down position. When new it would stay at any position with any implement attached. It seems to be in the lever its self rather than the hydraulics. As long as I hold the lever in place the the 3pt will stay in place with the tractor running or not. When I let go the lever springs to the down postion. Is there an adjustment other than the knob under the seat that controls the speed the 3pt lowers.

John S.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

JD 4310 3pt

View my Photos
Iowafun
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-09-14          116392

That's a good question. I'll look at my 4310 when I get home. My old Oliver's 3 pt lever stays in place so you have a problem I haven't heard of. May be a tensioner located near where the lever attaches. ....

JD 4310 3pt

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-09-14          116393

I haven't noticed that problem on my 4310 but then I am constantly adjusting things. The JD service manual doesn't show a tensioner, but the drawings don't show a close-up of how the lever mounts either. Not much help I guess. ....

JD 4310 3pt

View my Photos
Chief

2005-09-14          116400

Below is a diagram of the 4310 rockshaft linkage. I am still looking in my shop manual but have not found anything that addresses this issue yet.

From looking at the diagram it appears that there are some "disk springs" item # 10 that may provide a friction function to hold the lift lever in place. Check that area on your 4310. Perhaps something in this pivot linkage has come loose or loosened. If I find anymore info. on a possible adjustment; I will post it. Hope this helps and good luck with fixing it. Let us know what you finally come up with. ....

Link:   4310 Rockshaft Linkage Diagram

JD 4310 3pt

View my Photos
jdgreen

2005-09-14          116423

Item number 5 in the diagram is a nut that needs tightening to adjust the friction on the lever. If you tighten it a half turn or so , it should solve your problem. ....

JD 4310 3pt

View my Photos
jnkstaats

2005-09-15          116454

Item number 5 is inside of item number 3. I don't see how to remove number 3 with out taking off the the fender. Maybe a job for the dealer. Thanks for your help. ....

JD 4310 3pt

View my Photos
jdgreg

2005-09-26          116941

My 4210 has the exact same problem. I was told on another board to pull the fender to get the spring washer, but the parts diagram was the first time I've seen exactly where it was. I couldnt see the spring washer from the outside and didnt want to pull the fender off for nothing. Will try it this week. ....

JD 4310 3pt

View my Photos
Chief

2005-09-26          116945

Yet another great reason to frequent and become a member of Tractor Point instead of those "other boards". ;O) ....

JD 4310 3pt

View my Photos
jdgreg

2005-09-26          116947

LOL I've begun to notice the difference! ;~) ....

JD 4310 3pt

View my Photos
jdgreg

2005-09-27          116993

Thanks 2ndHandLion!!! The diagram you posted was perfect. Last night I pulled the fender, and adjusted the lever so it stays put. This little tidbit was worth the price of admission here. :~) Thanks again. ....

JD 4310 3pt

View my Photos
Chief

2005-09-27          117005

Very welcome! I am sure sometime I will have a question or problem in the future that you or one of the other members will have the answer to. That is what makes this place work so well. ....

JD 4310 3pt

View my Photos
Nuruadv

2007-03-12          140410

I printed out the sheet for reference. I hope mine shows up this week. It will either be this weekend or next weekend. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login