Go Bottom Go Bottom

JD 1070 Hydraulic fluid

View my Photos
goatman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-07-31          114165

1070 uses J20C spec fluid. Can I use J14B spec fluid for two 4 hr plowings and then change the fluid? Any damage hydraulics or transmission?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

JD 1070 Hydraulic fluid

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-07-31          114169

Why would you want to take the chance and use a non-spec fluid? It may work......or it may cause some serious damage. Use the correct fluid. ....

JD 1070 Hydraulic fluid

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-08-01          114178

I guess the question that sticks in my mind is why do you want to use this fluid for just 8 hours and then change it? Are you trying to flush out the system? In that case, I would suggest buying the Walmart Tractor Transmission/Hydraulic fluid. It is made by a subsidiary of Shell oil and it is good oil. MUCH cheaper than Hygard and still meets the J20C requirement. ....

JD 1070 Hydraulic fluid

View my Photos
goatman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-08-02          114228

Hose broke and drained the tank. Fixed hose and had the J14B oil. Needed to plow so used the oil I had. Ran about 4 hours.
Since have replaced it with J20C oil and need to top off tank. Will try Walmart oil, thanks. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login