Go Bottom Go Bottom

Gator Pull Behind Advice

View my Photos
mbmontan
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-05-16          111146

I recently bought a John Deere gator 4X2 and would like to be able to mow my lawn by purchasing a pull behind mower. Does anyone have any experience with this. Is there anything I should keep in mind before I purchase one. Any advice would be appreciated.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Gator Pull Behind Advice

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-05-17          111149

This isn't the answer you were looking for but last summer I saw a Gator pushing a three gang reel type mower on a golf course. I did'nt see it close enough to tell if it was a home made or a store bought unit. Frank. ....

Gator Pull Behind Advice

View my Photos
JParker
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-05-17          111209

I know Northern sells a self powered Rough Cut mower and maybe some finishing mowers made for use with ATVs' ro anything else that will pull them. My only question, not having an ATV, is can you set a fairly consistient, and sometimes fairly slow ground speed on an ATV?

I have a 48" rough cut mower I used before getting the tractor. My biggest complaint was the small fuel tank. 30 minutes if lucky between refills. Then hand start the 12.5 hp motor with 48" blade again. Gets old quickly.

Good machine other than that. I've been looking at a way to hook it to the side of my FEL for road side trimming. That would be up front where I can see it and lift it if needed.

- JP ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login