Go Bottom Go Bottom

New 3520

View my Photos
denoon
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-05-06          110782

Just took delivery of a 3520 with CX FEL. Great machine but with the bucket full of dirt, it doesn't take much get this things rear wheel up on almost no incline. A wider axle is better

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

New 3520

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-05-06          110786

Congrats! I'm not entirely sure but you may the first here with a 3520. Are you following the ballast recommendations in the manual? How do you have the machine ballasted? ....

New 3520

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-05-07          110810

My congratulations as well! Sharp machine! My 430 FEL manual calls for fluid filled tires AND tire weights/3 pt. hitch counter weights. It is DEFINITELY needed on my 4410. You may want to consider whether you want to fluid fill your rear tires. This is a least expensive and cost effect method BUT is HUGE royal PIA if you ever have a flat tire. Something to take into consideration if you operate in an evironment prone to causing flats. The ballast box Deere sells is the next least expensive. Filling the tires with Rimguard and a puncture resistant inner tube for some extra measure of insurance may be a good middle ground. Foam filling the tire is prohibitively expensive in my opinion.

Good luck with and enjoy your new machine and be sure to give us some follow up feedback on how she performs and holds up. Don't forget the pictures too! ;O) ....

New 3520

View my Photos
denoon

2005-05-08          110828

Right now I'm using a ballast box on the back of the tractor which is filled with rocks. I'm also considering the filled tires but don't really want to go that way because of the weight on 5 acres of new lawn. Also going to check today to see if I can turn my wheels around to give me more spread. ....

New 3520

View my Photos
Chief

2005-05-08          110832

I would certain hope John Deere addressed this issue but in suspect your tires and rims are very similar if not exactly like the one's on my 4410. Switching the rims around is not worth the effort. It only gains you about an extra half inch in my machine. ....

New 3520

View my Photos
dklopfenstein

2005-05-08          110855

I have a 4410 with a 300cx loader...great machine but I have also found the tractor to be a little light in the rear. I know the book recommends fluid, ballast box, and three wheel weights for each tire. I simply don't want that much weight either since it is my mower as well. For me, a little counter balance weight (like a box blade or ballast box)and taking "smaller bites" is what I do. I know it's not up to JD specs, but it has worked for me. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login