Go Bottom Go Bottom

Smallest and cheapest TLB for JD

View my Photos
homeinOR
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-04-17          109960

Looking at JD CUTs and wanting to get their smallest and, if possible, cheapest TLB. Believe it is the 4110. Would like to keep it an HST if able. So what is comparable to the Kubota BX 23 and MF 2310 out there for JD? Thanks for the help.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
bmeyer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-04-17          109966

Look at the JD 2210. ....

View my Photos
BrendonN

2005-04-17          109968

For just the tractor and loader, the John Deere 2210 would be in the same class as the Kubota BX-series and the Massey GC2310. However, I don't see anything on the Deere website about a TLB combination. There are aftermarket backhoes available (such as Woods) that one could use to assemble a TLB. ....

View my Photos
homeinOR

2005-04-17          109974

Thanks for the input guys, and I would love to get a JD 2210, but many of the posts on this great site talk of the limited 3PH and unless you get a good frame mount BH you are in great risk in bending/breaking your tractor. Any new mounts for the 2210? Checked out Woods and they do have a 3PH subCUT BH, but concerned re: above frame issues. Any thoughts? ....

View my Photos
BrendonN

2005-04-18          109977

I may be mistaken, but the way I read the Woods literature I get the impression that they have some kind of frame mounting. There is a comment on the web page "Also available with 3-point hitch option..." that leads me to this conclusion. I have never actually seen one, though, and have no idea what the standard mounting looks like.

As far as three-point hitches are concerned, all the tractors mentioned above have "limited" Cat. I even if it is not mentioned in their spec sheets. Most all the dimensions meet Cat. I standards except for lift height since the tractors are so short. Just about any Cat I implement will hook up but it may not lift too high off the ground. There is a wide range of sub-compact equipment available to remedy this problem. ....

View my Photos
AV8R
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-04-18          109983

The Woods Groundbreaker X 'hoe for the 2210 is a very robust unit. The sub-frame and 4 point mounting system has been shown to be (arguably) as good, if not better than the Kubota BX 22/23 mounting system. On the JD 2210 install, the subframe is nearly identical.

If I had the $$$, I would buy one in a minute for my BX2230. There are allot of pictures of the installation on the net. Looks like a real nice unit to me. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2005-04-18          109992

Other questions to consider: What about the warranty issues involved in mounting a backhoe on a new tractor not designed to handle it?

Unless you are very, very small you will have to replace or fabricate a new ROPS. The standard ROPS is too short and narrow to sit under while operating a backhoe.

If you prefer Green, head straight to the 4110/410/46 package and accept no less. You will get a factory designed, complete unit that is all covered by the same warranty. I don't think you will be disappointed.

If you are open to all colors, it is real hard to beat the BX23 for package price. I have had both, and IMHO, Kubota makes the better backhoe.

The controls have a wonderful "touch" and there is no slop or banging around anywhere in the structure.

I just couldn't live with a 500 pound loader capacity, and the small tires on my lumpy ground were beating the hell out of my back.

View my Photos
homeinOR

2005-04-18          110020

DRankin
Excellent points I did not think about. As long as a tractor is made for a BH (tractor manufacturer offers one or can get one from indepedent implement producer), then a warranty should not be voided and ROPS should allow one to fit. Correct? ....

View my Photos
AV8R

2005-04-18          110021

From the pictures I've seen on other (*ahem*) websites, the ROPS fitment issue, on the Kubota at least, is a non-issue. If you are 6'6" maybe you'll have a problem, otherwise it doesn't look like a problem.

As far as warranty issues are concerned, this is why you have a relationship with your dealer. If they say that they are okay with the install, then okay, if not, then maybe something different is in order.

PM me if you want a link to the pics I'm talking about.

Edit: See my pic #18 for a view of one installed. ....

View my Photos
funchy

2005-04-18          110022

I opted againt the JD because JD doesn't set it up their CUT for a BH. I would've had to buy an add-on one, and then pay the dealer $$$ for an extra hydraulic line. I was also concerned about the frame strength issue using a BH on a small tractor not designed around it. In my area, the bx23 was actually cheaper anyway (0% financing, good dealer price) vs 7.9% JD financing + extra $$ for BH modifications. I've had my bx23 since last summer, and it's been great. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2005-04-18          110026

Take a look at Av8rs' #18 pic and then go the Kubota web site and look at the seating on a BX 23.

I think the guy in the kubota pics is about 5'5" judging from his size compared to the tractor, but it give you an idea of where your legs are supposed to go and how much room is really needed for a person under the ROPS.

BTW, I am not 6'6". I am only 6'4". ....

View my Photos
AV8R

2005-04-18          110033

LOL ....

View my Photos
bigpete

2005-04-22          110231

Now that's a great observation. I'm 5' 9" and felt I needed to watch my head when I tested the BX2300/23. I think that guy might be 5'4", at the most ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login