Go Bottom Go Bottom

Size tractor needed

View my Photos
commodore
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-03-15          108052

Hello you all green fans!

I have written half a novel question at "size tractor needed" and is interested to hear your opinions of what tractor you would suggest. Anyone owning a Deere suiting my needs?

Erik, Sweden

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Size tractor needed

View my Photos
shinefeak
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-03-15          108055

I own a JD 4110 that can more or less do what you describe. It is a little small for the backhoe part ( although there is one available that will beat a spade.) ....

Size tractor needed

View my Photos
akanapa

2005-04-26          110386

I bought a 4110 last year. After a couple weeks I turned it in for a 4115 for the extra HP. I love the 4115 but now I need more HP to do some work I hadn't originally expected. If I were to give a recommendation, I'd say, figure what you want to do with a tractor, talk to your dealer and settle on a particular size, then upgrade at least two or three model sizes. If I'd done that, I'd be much dinero ahead. But I knew nothing of tractors a year ago and have learned much since. Bottom line, if you're a newby, talk it up, plan on using your tractor for things you can't imagine at first and buy up a couple models. You won't regret it. If you already know all about tractors, then you've already been there. ....

Size tractor needed

View my Photos
rogermo

2005-04-27          110443

I have posted here in the past with good advise always given. I have a 6 month old 4110 and love the new 3320 and am going nuts do I upgrade the diffrence would be about 8,000. I could put up my garage and buy a box blad for th 4110 for this amount. I would love to have more power it is 32 vr my 20. I find I need more digging power and more ump to push stumps etc. would it be that much more of a tractor does any one know.
ROger ....

Size tractor needed

View my Photos
akanapa

2005-04-28          110469

rogermo,
I agree and although I love my 4115, I'm eyeing the 3520 but I'd have to mortgage my wife to do it. I've decided my wife is worth more, so I'll hold onto the 4115 for a couple more years and save up something bigger later. ....

Size tractor needed

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-04-29          110502

My 4115 isn't going anywhere. It's a keeper. ....

Size tractor needed

View my Photos
dklopfenstein

2005-04-29          110518

Sounds to me like about 20 hp should do you fine...a little more if you want plenty of power and weight for a backhoe. If you could find a 4110 or 4115 new or slightly used, it will be a fine machine for you. The medium frame tractors have a few more comfort features but would be overkill for your purposes. Hydro with a FEL is a must in my book and either a 54" or 60" deck will be fine. I would suggest a 60" because it is easier to trim with since it sticks out past the tires farther. Enjoy! ....

Size tractor needed

View my Photos
akanapa

2005-05-01          110573

I saw a couple 4115s on Ebay the other day. One even included a loader, snowblower, and get this...a full cab enclosure. ....

Size tractor needed

View my Photos
akanapa

2005-05-01          110574

Mr Drankin,
Have you ever come across anyone putting a skidsteer quick-attach interface on their 410 loader? A company, ATI, makes them but doesn't advertise they have one to fit the 410 loader. They thought the 4115 was too short on power to handle skidsteer implements. I'm looking for a way to interface a skidsteer "tree shovel" by DirtWorks to a 4115/410 combination. I can't find anyone who sells s tree-shovel for tractor loaders. Any advice? Thanks ....

Size tractor needed

View my Photos
DRankin

2005-05-01          110592

I have never looked into the skid-steer/4115 interface, but a couple of things come to mind.

1) The smallest, lightest skid steer I have encountered was 5+ times the weight of an unequipped 4115, therefore it has the ability to raise and counterbalance a great deal more weight.

2) Most every tool I have seen that attach's to a skid steer is operated by hydraulic pressure, while most tractor stuff is run off front, mid or rear PTO drive shafts.

Not counting things like pallet forks, there would seem to be a basic discrepancy in operating principles. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login