Go Bottom Go Bottom

2210 and MX4 mower

View my Photos
its_that_guy@yahoo.c
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-02-28          106984

I was looking over some brochures for the MX4 rough cut mower and it states that the MX4 can be used with the 2210 BUT you must use the quick attach to facilitate driveline length.

So what does that mean? Is the driveline too long without the quick attach? What happens if you dont use the quick attach

Do you have this same problem with mowers by other manufacturers??

thanks

B

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

2210 and MX4 mower

View my Photos
jd2210ct

2005-03-07          107442

Hi B, I think what they are reffering to is the 3 point lift on the 2210. It seems they come up so high and the pto shaft is so short that it destroys the pto shaft if not set back a little farther using the quick hitch. I just purchased a 647 tiller for mine and the dealer said I had to use the quick hitch with it or I would wreck the pto shaft. Hope this helps. ....

2210 and MX4 mower

View my Photos
its_that_guy@yahoo.c

2005-03-07          107478

thanks for the reply jd2210ct...

So could you say is it a good possibility that any PTO driven implement may have the driveline interference without the quick hitch??

BTW - have you had any problems with the 'limited' 3ph and it not lifting any implements high enough? I can only see that as a problem when trailering, but I could be wrong.

thanks

Brian ....

2210 and MX4 mower

View my Photos
jd2210ct

2005-03-07          107491

Brian,

I would say it would be a problem with anything PTO driven. From what I've been told, the 3PT hitch lifts a little to high and takes out the U-Joints in the PTO shafts. By setting the implements back a little farther with the iMatch hitch, it gives the shaft a little less angle I suppose.

No, so far I'm very pleased with the 2210's "limited" 3-pt. It lifts up to 700lbs they say, and very high in my eyes. So far so good. Awesome piece of equipment!! ....

2210 and MX4 mower

View my Photos
chevytruck13

2005-03-07          107499

I also have a 647 tiller on my 2210 and don't use the I Match thing. It works just fine. I will admit that I ground up some of the plastic guard on the PTO shaft if the tiller is engaged in the fully lifted position but that is partly to do with me not tightening the locknut on the top link and working loose putting a bad angle on the shaft. I think your dealer just wanted to sell you the I Match hitch. I don't know about the MX4 but I think if an implement is made for a tractor it is made for it. You shouldn't have to use some 3 pt hitch adapter for it to work. That is just a way to make more money. ....

2210 and MX4 mower

View my Photos
jd2210
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-03-08          107514

Agree, the shaft will get jammed if you lift it all the way without a quickhitch. To solve this problem, I just removed 3.5" from the shaft and no longer utilize the quickhitch. ....

2210 and MX4 mower

View my Photos
jd2210ct

2005-03-08          107536

You may very well be right but I guess I would rather spend the $200.00 for the iMatch hitch as to buy a new shaft every time you forget to do this or do that. I also liked the idea of not having to pull pins etc. every time I want to change the 3pt implements. It is a handy device to have. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login