Go Bottom Go Bottom

Hydraulic Fluid

View my Photos
millers1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-01-06          103635

Getting ready to change all "break in" fluids on a 2210. I've got the correct hydraulic spin-on filter from JD.. is there a good aftermarket hydraulic fluid that has the same specs as the JD brand? I don't want to botch my warrantee...

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Hydraulic Fluid

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-01-06          103646

Most brands will claim compatibility with Deere fluids in terms of seals, general wear and design viscosity, but there are other issues.

My local IH/Case dealer said his premium fluid causes brake chatter in Deere products and Deere fluids cause similar issues with Case/IH machines.

Deere does a very good job of designing oils for best performance. I have found that Regular HyGard provides a good balance in my 4115 for good performance and reduced hydraulic leak-down.

If you cost out most better grade hydraulic fluids, you will find they are remarkably similar in price.

Hydraulic Fluid

View my Photos
millers1

2005-01-06          103651

My dealer recomended Hyguard. Don't have the manual in front of me but, I'm guessing I'll be changing all fluids anually (of course, engine oil and filter a LOT more than that!). Given that interval .. going with the Hyguard probably won't kill me. ....

Hydraulic Fluid

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-01-06          103669

You can use Shell Donax TD or Donax TD Low Vis. or if you are wanting to same some money on oil, use Walmart SUPER TECH HEAVY DUTY TRACTOR HYDRAULIC AND TRANSMISSION OIL. The Walmart oil is made by a Shell subsidiary for them and is pretty much the same stuff as the name brand Shell and Pennzoil. I used it in my Cub 154 Lo Boy and Kubota L245 with good results. I stuck with the standard visosity Deere Hygard for my 4410. ....

Link:   Shell Donax TD

Hydraulic Fluid

View my Photos
beagle

2005-01-06          103697

After spending the kind of money I did for a tractor, spending a little extra to make sure I don't give anyone any excuses to argue about warranty work seems like money well spent (IMHO). I would stick with the manufacturers recommended oils. There aren't many things more important to your machine than the right oils.

This is probably just the attitiude dealers and manufacturers are looking for.:) ....

Hydraulic Fluid

View my Photos
millers1

2005-01-06          103705

Yeah.. and I'd like to have an extended warrantee on my 2210's drive-train... ! ....

Hydraulic Fluid

View my Photos
jd2210

2005-01-07          103747

I would encourage you to get the recommended stuff under warranty so there are no disagreements assuming something was to fail in the tranny. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login