Go Bottom Go Bottom

4110 3 point hitch link

View my Photos
rogermo
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-11-29          101238

I will try my best to explain this so you all can understand a new bee tractor owner. On my new (6months) old 4110 the two turn buckles that keeps the 3point hitch from moving to far right or left has moved so much that it rubs the tire. I read the book and called my dealer and final took the tractor out to them. They told me the thread was rolled over and the pin was gone. They had to order two new turn buckles and the part that that has a tube the holds the turn buckle. With that said here is my questions. On larger tractors they have a bar with holes in it not a turn buckle can this be set up like that? The way I see it the cotter pin will always be to small to keep the turn buckle from turning. The whole in the bolt for the pin is to small to allow a larger pin with a large head that would keep the buckle from turning.. So how will I keep it from slowly moving on me? The dealer has been great and it is under warranty. Has any one out there had this trouble and what is a good fix.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

4110 3 point hitch link

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-11-29          101261

Thats premature wear and I can understand your concerns as you purchased a new tractor not to have problems. I'd wonder what the use was that caused it to begin with. Most hitches can be addapted to there larger brothers pin style stabilizers. ....

4110 3 point hitch link

View my Photos
rogermo

2004-11-29          101263

Thanks for your note. I use the 3 point hitch to attach to my quick relase so I could use other attachments but only for now use a fronter blade that I bought when I bought the tractor and dealer installed. I have bladed maybe 20 tons of rock on my road and maybe 10 cubic yards of dirt nothing real heavy and take it off to mow. So I will hunt for something better. Another question. Is this set up something that would need to be check many time during a job say moveing that rock. It seems a bit silly to have to worrie about it so often.

any more help out there would be great.

Thanks

Roger.

+I do love my JD 4110. ....

4110 3 point hitch link

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-11-29          101267

Roger...I have put about 225 hours on a 4100 and a 4115 in the last 3 1/2 years.

I have never had the turnbuckles change settings or eat the retaining clips. I think something else is wrong here. Do you keep it loose enough for things to slam back and forth? I keep mine pretty tight.

4110 3 point hitch link

View my Photos
Ducati996

2004-11-29          101268

Rogermo,

Is it possible to post some pictures maybe? some of the free hosting sites can help there with pictures. I think
maybe a picture will help in visualizing whats happening, because I know I cant imagine whats happening or what went wrong...

Ducati

As DRankin mentioned above, I keep my buckles tight and 3 pt attachments from swaying too... ....

4110 3 point hitch link

View my Photos
rogermo

2004-11-29          101271

Thanks guys for the posting,
And yes the last two time I used the tractor the hitch was moving some to the point the last time it would touch the wheel. I have the I match too. But why would the turn buckle move any if it had a pin. hope this picture shows up if not could some one tell me how to post using the links below. again thanks for you feed back all of you are great.

Roger ....

Picture Link
John Deere Tractors 4110 3 point hitch link

4110 3 point hitch link

View my Photos
rogermo

2004-11-29          101272

the pic did not sure I will try the link to url ....

Link:   turn buckle

Picture Link
John Deere Tractors 4110 3 point hitch link

4110 3 point hitch link

View my Photos
Ducati996

2004-11-30          101300

when I get home I will look at my setup up again (and also post a picture). But if this helps the turnbuckles operate as a counter force...
the opposite side(turnbuckle) holds the postion, so when the turn buckles are locked down the counterforce prevents the turn buckle from unscrewing itself...you almost dont need the cotter pin to hold the position...it should be snug
and will change between different implements...then you need to retighten them again...

If the threads are stripped then I see replacing the buckles...

Anybody else, thoughts?

Ducati

4110 3 point hitch link

View my Photos
beagle

2004-11-30          101301

With the 3-point moving around, especially with grading work, there is a chance that the turnbuckle housing will deform. If you deform the housing, the alignment of the threads is off, and stipping can occur. If they are stripped and/or deformed, I would think replacing them is your best bet.

Keep the sway braces snug, not too tight, but you want to avoid sway in the three point. If you are using a box blade with the scarifiers, you really want to avoid sharp turns. This puts high stresses on all the 3-point components. ....

4110 3 point hitch link

View my Photos
pkinneb

2004-12-03          101517

I had the same issue when they delivered my 4110 what I ended up doing was turning the buckle untill the two pieces separate and then twist off a few threads on the buckle end then reattach and you can get it to the sway point that the other posters are talking about. Good Luck. ....

4110 3 point hitch link

View my Photos
DennoAce

2004-12-19          102526

?

I must not be understanding properly the question, so please correct me if needed! :)

The turnbuckles are intended to stiffen/align the hitch to center with an attchment installed not to keep it from swaying when free. If there is nothing on the hitch, you either put the rubber bungee cord to hold the arms together (it comes with the tractor), or put a drawbar in the arms to hold them together (simulating an attachment) so they don't swing out enough to catch the tires.

4110 3 point hitch link

View my Photos
rogermo

2004-12-19          102538

Thanks your posted helps me get a better idea. Another friend of mine in Hannibal said try putting a nut on each side of the turn buckle to keep them from backing off. Would this work or would it cause damage.

Gearing up for xmas, I think I might be getting a box scraper, there is a funny looking heavy and large package under the tree that is green. I just can not figure how she got it in the house and up the steps.

Roger ....

4110 3 point hitch link

View my Photos
tomrscott

2004-12-22          102737

I am about as new to tractors as you are, but you should be able to keep those turnbuckles from turning and losing the adjustment. One way I've seen is to use a safety wire between one side of the turnbuckle body and some other fixed surface. If the turnbuckle body can't turn it won't lose adjustment. I agree with others that if your links are rubbing on the tires, they've gotten too loose. Assuming they didn't start that way, they've got to be turning. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login