Go Bottom Go Bottom

Gator TX starts then dies

View my Photos
Capt701
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2016-09-01          195722

I have a John Deere Gator TX that started up fine then after warming up and I took off on it, it died after about 20 feet. Now it does't want to start, but it will start on starting fluid, but then dies. I'm getting fuel to the carburator, replaced the spark plug, checked the oil level, cleaned the vent tube for the gas tank, checked all connections and fuses. Throttle cable is moving as i think it should. Its like when it does start here of lately, it will run good for about 10 seconds and shut off. I clean the carburator out good. The only thing I haven't done is replace the ignition coil as it was replaced about two years ago. Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
JLMiller
Posts: 32 Deerfield or Sanford, wherever the weather's nicer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2016-09-02          195725

I've had similar issues with a variety of equipment, usually after being in storage and not run for a while. Try removing the float bowl and run a fine piece of mechanic's wire up through the main jet to free any accumulated crud. If the wire doesn't fit, don't force it: get a smaller gauge wire. ....

View my Photos
Capt701
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2016-09-02          195727

Ok thanks. I will try that later today for sure. Thank you! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login