Go Bottom Go Bottom

07 gator 4x2 kawasaki motor clickingtapping noise

View my Photos
fishy1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2015-07-08          193078

i have a clicking/tapping noise coming from the motor.It sounds like a tappet but i don't think that's it I have adjusted the valves, taken belt off ect. oddly the noise is only present when at idle and will go away with just a little increase and holding the rpms in gear or not doesn't matter. Almost as if by increasing the rpm's making the clutch internal force increase makes the noise go away.Also how do i isolate the main clutch. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
gatoraider

2015-07-09          193079

Assuming your motor is a FE290D it's the cam/oil pump connection wearing. New cam and oil pump impeller will fix it as long as the race for the impeller isn't worn oval. If it's worn you would have to get it sleeved, or maybe just live with it. All those motors do it if you wait long enough. ....

View my Photos
fishy1

2015-07-09          193080

gatoraider thanks for your advise. In reading the forum I was hoping it would be you who answered my question. It makes perfect since and knowing that might be the problem, I will take your advise and just live with it. Motor runs smooth, no oil smoke, always starts up. Doesn't seem to have much compression but still runs strong and will pull a truck. Thanks ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login