Go Bottom Go Bottom

John Deere Gator will not start

View my Photos
Sunkenator
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2015-03-16          192375

Hi,
This weekend we had a blast on our relatively new (40 hours) gator. The fun came to an end when we sunk it in a mud pit, not really water just thick mud.
We ended up having to get a tow truck in to get it out and in all the attempts of trying g to get it out I was turning the thing in and off and now when we turn the key to start it all the leash lights come on and we can hear the fuel pump engaging but no starting.
The engine will not turn over
All fuses are good
Battery is good
Spark plugs are good
Any suggestions

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
gatoraider

2015-03-16          192376

Which Gator?? All the dash lights on doesn't sound good. I would think a good bath might be in order in case there is something hanging off you can't see thru the mud. ....

View my Photos
Trainpilot

2015-03-16          192377

Are you stepping on the brake? Most newer UTVs will start in gear if brake is depressed. If battery is good, and key switch is ok that's about half of what you need. You should start in neutral, but try with brake pressed, see if brake lights work, if your machine has them. Then check fuses. Most modern electrical systems are pretty resistant to water and mud. Check also connections to starter. I helped a friend start a Yamaha the other day. The brake pedal needed to be held down for several seconds before the starter would engage. ....

View my Photos
jfieldy

2015-04-17          192579

Hopefully this helps but if your air filter was at any point under water it is very possible it is hydra locked so take your plugs out and see if you can turn it by hand ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login