Go Bottom Go Bottom

JD Gator XUV 825i Noise

View my Photos
ricksdad
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-02-07          176743

I have a new JD Gator XUV 825i with 16 hours on it. It has developed an annoying metal/rattle type sound coming from the engine area. I had not noticed this sound until the 10 hr service was performed at the JD dealership. I let them know about it when I got home and noticed the rattling sound. By the way, on the 10 hr service, there was a problem when shifting to forward gear. It would not always go into gear properly. They made adjustments to the shift linkage and also found that the engine idle rpm was way too high and lowered it. I carried the Gator back in this week and they kept it for 3 days. They hear the rattle too, but cannot find the source. They told me to take it home and to let them know if it gets any worse. Bottom line, I'm not happy about having to deal with this. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

JD Gator XUV 825i Noise

View my Photos
gatordone

2011-02-07          176748

The dealership should of not sent you home with that kind of answer in the first place. They have sources that they can contact to help resolve your problem through deere and their territory representative through service. ....

JD Gator XUV 825i Noise

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-02-08          176769

It sure seems there is more questions on JD Gator than anything else for a good while. Is it cause there are so many or JD has issues or the help of such as Gatorraider here who is great.

My thought, they loosen a cover and failed to tighten it back or it was not seated when they did tighten it. Or they happened to leave a wrench laying on frame. ....

JD Gator XUV 825i Noise

View my Photos
ricksdad

2011-02-08          176775

I've been getting some input about this rattling sound from various discussion boards. The consensus seems to be a problem with the front differential. This is a known issue with JD. Here is a post from someone who responded with more specific information. He had the differential replaced and that took care of it:

"I should have actually said the engine is directly connected to the transmission (solid, no rubber), which is directly connected to the driveshaft (solid, no rubber). While the engine and transmission have rubber mounts, this driveshaft does not. So, you can understand vibrations would be transmitted from the engine/transmission to the driveshaft and its mounts (pillow block type bearings, in the automotive world they are referred to as center or hanger bearings. In the ag world they call them pillow block bearings) - causing the rattle. I think mine had like 14 miles on it when it started." ....

JD Gator XUV 825i Noise

View my Photos
hardwood

2011-02-09          176786

KT;
I have no idea how many Gators there are in comparison to other brands. The density of any brand of anything normally follows the strengh of a local dealership.
So far I haven't had any of the 620i issues of gas in the oil or the front differential issues, my number may be up next, but so far so good.
Fresh out of the box I did have an annoying rattle mainly when the engine was just above slow idle. It took a bit to find it tho, turned out to be nothing but a washer under a cotter key in the parking brake linkage that would rattle.
Frank. ....

JD Gator XUV 825i Noise

View my Photos
DAVIDJD

2011-02-14          176880

There is an issue with the drive train hitting the battery tray. JD offers what amounts to a washer that creates distance between the two. Could this be your problem? ....

JD Gator XUV 825i Noise

View my Photos
ricksdad

2011-02-15          176887

The dealership has had the unit for several days. They have exhausted all efforts to determine the cause of the rattle, including any of the reasons mentioned in the above posts. They ended up thinking it was the clutch, but after they borrowed one from another unit, the rattle continued. This unit is a 2011 model with 26 hrs on it. The rattle started at around 9 hrs. They feel they have put enough labor into it and maybe all the 825i's have this sound. Not sure what I can do next. ....

JD Gator XUV 825i Noise

View my Photos
DAVIDJD

2011-02-15          176890

I have had some issues as well. My local dealer has been great but, I was able to get JD Corp. involved when I contacted their regional sales manager. I think the dealer gave me his number. ....

JD Gator XUV 825i Noise

View my Photos
ricksdad

2011-02-15          176892

That is exactly where I am going with this. Did your issue get resolved after the Regional Manager got involved? Thanks ....

JD Gator XUV 825i Noise

View my Photos
DAVIDJD

2011-02-16          176893

Yes. Feel free to drop me an email and I'll get you a number to call if you want the full history. carchs@netdoor.com Hope this helps. ....

JD Gator XUV 825i Noise

View my Photos
Bernie41

2011-12-07          181569

I had this problem and read several comments on forums. I took the Gator back to the dealer and it was fixed within 3 days. They had to replace the front differential pillow bearing with one with a rubber bushing. That fixed the problem with the drive train noise, however, I now have a rattling noise coming from the rear occasionally when slowing down for a turn. It's a fairly distinctive rattle that I am closely monitoring and will get fixed before the warranty expires. ....

JD Gator XUV 825i Noise

View my Photos
hardwood

2011-12-07          181570

My 620i had an annoying rattle comng from under the box that was hard to find. Turned out to be a flat washer dancing around under a cotter pin on the parking brake linkage. cost almost nothing to fix, another washer or two to make it a tight fit, rattle is gone now.
Frank. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login