Go Bottom Go Bottom

Portageville man dies in garden tractor accident

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-04-06          189949

Posted: Apr 05, 2014 6:20 PM EDT
Updated: Apr 05, 2014 6:24 PM EDT

HEARTLAND NEWSmore>>
Sunday Breakfast Show Headlines
Illinois to spend $16.5M to improve local parks
Spring trout fishing season underway in Illinois
Vandals nabbed after writing names in new concrete
Friends and family give airmen a hero's homecoming

PORTAGEVILLE, MO (KFVS) - A 73-year-old man was killed in a tractor accident in Portageville, Missouri on Friday afternoon.

According to Portageville police, emergency crews responded shortly after 2 p.m. to East 11th Street after getting at call of a man trapped under a garden tractor.

According to officer D.A. Delisle, Eugene L. Smart was pronounced at the scene by the New Madrid County coroner. Police say the garden tractor rolled over on the victim in a open lot.

Portageville police are continuing the investigation.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-04-06          189950

In another thread we were talking about mowing grass in wet conditions and steep grades. From the picture you can see the site of the accident was completely flat. I guess the operator was trying to pull something, even where it looks safe bad things can happen if you are doing soemthing that should not be done. ....

Picture Link
Garden Tractors Portageville man dies in garden tractor accident

View my Photos
kthompson

2014-04-07          189962

Dennis I found the same wording on this at 3 tv sites and one newspaper. We have three local tv stations and do no think ever heard all use the exact same wording inn a story.

It would be good if details were given to help others learn from his tragedy. Sure leaves a lot to wonder about. Still sad. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login