Go Bottom Go Bottom

John Deere Garden Tractor shuts off

View my Photos
artillery1sg
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2014-02-23          189162

I have a John Deere lawn tractor that starts right up even through the cold northeast winter. However, as soon as I release the brakes, it shuts off. Any ideas???

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-02-23          189163

Artillary1Sg,

Check the safety switch under your seat. It may be broken, disconnected, or have something lodged under the operating lever.

Joel ....

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-02-23          189164

I don't know much about lawn tractors but will hazard a wild guess. Does your tractor normally stop running when you get out of the seat without the brakes on while it is running? It could be that the tractor has both brake and seat pressure sensors wired in parallel with the ignition circuit. If the seat sensor is not indicating operator presence, when the brakes are released it may not be keeping the ignition circuit engaged. If this is the case you could lift up the seat and jumper across the sensor to test the theory. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2014-02-24          189173

I think they are correct but may also be issue with blade switch. If zero turn most if not all have safety switch in the blade, brake, seat line.

Mine also has safety switch in the steering levers if you pull them into operation without releasing the brake.

Look for blown fuses, lose wire, also could be bad relay in addition a safety switch. Be careful, fingers are not store bought. Neither are toes. KT ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login