Go Bottom Go Bottom

JD 755 Yanmar rings stuck

View my Photos
RedEagle74
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-11-05          181081

This tractor has 740 hrs , Previous was cutting grass , stopped for lunch , the tractor would turn over as it should but would not fire.. He stored it in his barn for two years. I bought it.I believe he ran it out of fuel and did not know how to bleed the air out of the system..
I bleed the system, drained the old fuel replaced with new.
every thing is in oreder but it want start. I havea mechanic friend he says the rings are stuck, if so how is the best way to unstick them?????thanks for any advice

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-11-05          181091

Not heard of stuck rings. If it spins fast enough but won't catch usually fuel problem like disconnected throttle or stuck fuel rack. I'd how and where you bled but apparently it was running OK. ....

View my Photos
RedEagle74

2011-11-06          181094

when i turn on the ignition the glo plug indicator light comes on for a few seconds goes out i spin the engine over smoke coming out the exhaust first white then tons of ligh geay then lots of dark gray.. its sounds like its going to run but does not ..I am at a stand still ....

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-11-06          181098

Meant to say "I'd ask how ...." because if you bled at the filter, there are two more places downstream.

To rule out an air problem you could try it with the exhaust and air filter off.

View my Photos
RedEagle74

2011-11-06          181102

Thanks for your help, there is no air in the system, it is blowing dark gray smoke , tons of it. The fuel shut off is working properly, I just installed a new 590 CCA HD battery, I am still at a loss...Red Eagle ....

View my Photos
auerbach

2011-11-06          181104

My guess is a fuel problem between the filter and the injectors but maybe the smoke is related to a BLOCKAGE in the air in or out. Are you using the decompression control when you start to spin it? Is the filter bowl full of fuel and did you open the fuel-stop after you bled it? (I think I asked for a description of how you bled.)

Given the apparent unfamiliarity I'd invest in the service manual for it and follow the troubleshooting guides. ....

View my Photos
RedEagle74

2011-11-06          181106

All your questions are yes,, I am pulling injectos and running a compression test tomorrow, I will keep you posted ,,thanks for your help,later
Red Eagle ....

View my Photos
auerbach

2011-11-07          181111

If the hours you quoted are true (I don't know if it's a grey-market or an export model), the compression should be fine, and other Yanmar engines need a special adaptor to measure it. But you can try installing the injectors upside-down to view the spray pattern (be careful).

There's Deere shops all around. Why don't you bite the bullet and just have a mechanic fix it. ....

View my Photos
auerbach

2011-11-07          181112

If the hours you quoted are true (I don't know if it's a grey-market or an export model), the compression should be fine, and other Yanmar engines need a special adaptor to measure it. But you can try installing the injectors upside-down to view the spray pattern (be careful).

There's Deere shops all around. Why don't you bite the bullet and just have a mechanic fix it. ....

View my Photos
jbjpam

2011-11-07          181115

Your problem sounds just like mine from a few years ago at 750 hours on my Deere 755 Yanmar. I had the same symptoms as yours and it was lack of compression due to worn rings and cylinder walls. The air intake connections were loose and sucked in a lot of dust and prematurely scored the cylinder walls. We found low compression on all three cylinders. After tearing down the engine every part of the engine was within specification other than the bore. Hopefully it is something else but it does not sound like it. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login