Go Bottom Go Bottom

89 JD 770 2 stage Clutch

View my Photos
jdunn5
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-04-12          169955

Hello all,

I have a 89 JD 770 that currently acts as though it is a single stage clutch. I wanted to know if i could adjust the linkage arms to make it a 2 stage clutch? I see there is one adjustment hole for the pto linkage arm to the the clutch pedal arm. Will a changing to the lower pin hole change it to a two stage clutch?

Thanks
JD

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

89 JD 770 2 stage Clutch

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-04-13          169971

Are you saying the tractor has a two stage clutch and the pto stage is not working now? Or you saying you want to know if you can adjust a single stage clutch to work like a two or dual stage clutch does?

89 JD 770 2 stage Clutch

View my Photos
jdunn5
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-04-16          170044

Thanks for your response. I finally got in touch with a good service mechanic at a john deere dealership and the problem is the previous owner burned up the transmission clutch so the clutch is not disengage when initial pressure is applied. Whhich is why the two stage clutch is not working properly. The next step wiLl be to have the dealership replace the clutch. It might be a few weeks before it happens but I will post the final costs to five others an estimate should they have the same problem. ....

89 JD 770 2 stage Clutch

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-04-16          170049

Bummer on the clutch.

I think many don't realize you can tear out a PTO clutch. Was amazed a few years back when a person I know did so with a hyd cutter. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login