Go Bottom Go Bottom

Grass bagger rebuild

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-05-14          162738

I just put a seven bushel bagger on a 345 Deere 54 in. mower, the one with the two bags hanging behind the seat. It works great but I just have to stop too often to dump the bags. has anyone here built a home made trailer system to pull behind the mower that holds more grass?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Grass bagger rebuild

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-05-14          162739

Can be done but to add a trailer is to lose manoeverability and to worry about enough outflow power to get the clippings into it. You could mow more often and leave the clippings to feed the ground except where they're clumping. ....

Grass bagger rebuild

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-05-14          162741

Frank, we've tried almost every type of grass collector out there, none worked any better than the rest.

We still go back to the tried and true method that we've been using for years.

Our commercial grass catchers use Rubbermaid 55 gallon garbage cans as collectors. We just spot a few of them along the area to be cut, when the one in use gets full, you just set it down and load an empty one into the collector.

Afterwards we just go a long and collect the full ones.

Best of luck. ....

Grass bagger rebuild

View my Photos
kthompson

2009-05-14          162749

Frank, what you need is Gator mulching blades. Then no need for grass catcher.

Just had to throw that in there. I know they did not please you. :)

I have seen a system on TV that had it's own motor and blower to get the clippings to the trailer but of course such would mean pain to turn with. ....

Grass bagger rebuild

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-05-14          162757

Just finished an hour ago mowing the second time with the bagger. I'm getting more used to dumping it now and the Mrs. likes the clippings for the garden and flowers. Now that someone mentioned it I do remember seeing a pull bhind deal with a seperate engine to help the blower on the mower get the clippings to the back of the box. Oh, and the Gator blades, I took the deck off the mower that had the Gators on it. the underside of the deck was packed with about an inch of the hardest crap I ever had to dig out of a deck. I never got a squirrel with them but I did once get a mole with a mower, he peeked out at the wrong time, poor fella. ....

Grass bagger rebuild

View my Photos
kthompson

2009-05-15          162765

Frank, hope someone who really knows with chime in, but I think the Gator mulching blades or anyone's I guess do so by throwing the clipping back in the air for them to fall down on the cutting edge again. If that is do it makes sense there might be more debris on the bottom of the deck. Have never thought on that.
As to the green clippings, don't forget piles of those things generate a lot of heat, even fires. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login