Go Bottom Go Bottom

John Deere GT245 Hydro issues

View my Photos
JasonR
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-11-17          148376

Today was one of those days...

I was mowing (cleaning up leaves) and my GT245 Hydro felt a little sluggish, and then 10 seconds later - nothing. No forward, no reverse - and the engine didn't respond to my pressing the peddles.

I towed it into my shop. Got the deck, etc. off, and the belt that runs from the engine to the transmission - well the inside cord came out of it and was wrapped around everything. It removed the belt tension spring, which was the eventual reason why I lost power.

Unfortunately, when I towed it (here comes the embarrasing, dumb move on my part) I forgot to pull the little pin John Deere hides in the back to truely put the transmission into neutral. Hence I towed it a couple hundred feet with the transmission engaged.

The transmission now leaks a good deal of fluid, and I'm guessing this is due to the improper towing. Anyone with some knowledge of hydro's have any advice? (i.e. bring it to the dealer, cause it's trashed or it should easily be rebuildable...)

Thanks, Jason

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-11-17          148377

When you towed it didn't you feel, see, or hear resistance in the form of the rear tires skipping or skidding?

Where is it leaking? Is it around a shaft and maybe you just blew out a $5 seal? ....

View my Photos
JasonR

2007-11-17          148378

Unlike my CUT, it'll move (push/be dragged) in gear, just more resistance. And yes (hindsight) I thought it was working the 4110 a little more than it should have, but it wasn't "that" noticable.

I couldn't pinpoint the leak, as fluid was everywhere. I think I'll pull it back out of the shed over Thanksgiving weekend, clean things up and verify the leak point(s).

- Jason

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login