Go Bottom Go Bottom

John Deere 1520 hydraulic problem no 3ph lift

View my Photos
billyfarmall
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2014-08-01          190824

I have a 1972 1520 john deere loader tractor. I am having a hyd. problem. the transmission pump is working to specs. But I still do not have any hyd. lift or power steering, or three point. Is there any way simple to check main front pump for flow? This tractor has been sitting out side for 2 years,I bought it in Maryland 2 weeks ago. Have changed filter and new oil, clean screen. Any help would be helpful!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-08-02          190836

Did you replace the suction filter? It could be plugged. Another cause for the rear hitch not working could be a closed rate of drop valve. Check both just to be sure. ....

Link:   Troubleshooting

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-08-04          190852

Chief, that drop rate valve would not affect the steering would it? kt ....

View my Photos
Chief

2014-08-04          190853

No but checking it would eliminate the remote possibility that both the suction filter and the drop rate valve are the problem. Sometimes when the hitch has hydraulic problems like this, folks have a tendency to try "adjusting" different things and sometime compound the problem. Not that I am casting any aspersions on the OP's abilities :-) . Someone else could have without his or her knowledge. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2014-08-11          190889

Chief, sorry for the delay in reading your reply: You sure made a lot of sense in your reply. Don't ever think not knowing prevents one from acting! Or adjusting. lol ....

View my Photos
billyfarmall
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2014-08-11          190892

I have cleaned and change all filters, also new oil, took off the pressure line from the pump to the p valve no pressure or oil from front pump. took off line from the transmission pump to the front pump all kinds of oil. Checked the trans pump per jd, should pump 1 gallon per every 10 seconds at 2500 rpms. Pump in trans is to specs. I am now taking out the front pump. Fun job! Will keep you posted! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login