Go Bottom Go Bottom

Best loader lift capacity

View my Photos
bigbru
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-11-30          101299

From my research it appears that JD CUTs have the best lift capacity for their size and price. JD 4310/4410 with 430 FEL for example. Is this true? It is hard for me to determine since JD is the only dealer in town to compare. Your thoughts?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kubotaguy

2004-11-30          101305

Most brands such as Kubota and Deere don't have two machines that are almost exact for comparison purposes which makes it difficult. Each brand will try to adjust their numbers to make them look better. In the long run, when moving dirt, stone, etc. my bucket is full and running over before I run out of lifting capacity. I would base my tractor selection on operator feel for the machine and little things that make the comfort of using the machine such as the hydro pedals, seat adjustments, etc. ....

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-11-30          101315

I guess if you believe they can be the best of everything then your work is done. If you doubt what you have been told, then now, You are probably right! ....

View my Photos
bigbru

2004-11-30          101326

I know what you mean about the feel. However I am also looking to pickup logs with my tractor therefore the more lift capacity the better. I do want to try a kubota out but the nearest dealer being over an hour away. ....

View my Photos
DK35vince

2004-11-30          101327

What tractor/loaders are you comparing the 4310/4410 to ?? ....

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-11-30          101353

I'd also look at the tractor to see if it has good weight to be moving logs on a loader as well as a good wide wheel stance for stability and be sure you have large tires on the front to help carry the load. Ground clearance would be another concern for good clearance as it sounds like you are going to be in the rough a lot. It doesn't make any difference as to how much you can lift, if you can't move or handle it after you get it up! ....

View my Photos
Ardician

2004-12-02          101461

My 4310 came with a 420 loader, which I am now learning (thru this discussion board) is greatly inferior to the 430 loader. I didn't know anything about loaders when I bought the tractor. However, I have successfully loaded, lifted and moved large green pine logs over moderately uneven and hilly terrain. These logs had been cut just short enough to fit in the bucket, but of such a large diameter that they almost would not fit inside. I even moved some of these size logs that were cut a little too long to fit in the bucket and had to be chained to the hooks welded on the top edge of the bucket. I left the bush hog connected to the 3pth for ballast, and had no real problem. Went very slowly though. ....

View my Photos
bigbru

2004-12-02          101472

Kubota 3460
NH TC 30 ....

View my Photos
bigbru

2004-12-02          101473

Thanks Ardician, Hey did you weld the chain hooks on? How? I have seen that b4 and they are handy. Can you put a hitch ball on the front of these tractors as well? Pushing boat trailer's around is alot easier as well. ....

View my Photos
HuckMeat

2004-12-02          101475

I would second Art's mention of weight. I have a 4330, and I never run out of loader capacity. I end up doing best with 3x sets of wheel weights and the backhoe on the back, and even then, the loader will easily lift more than I am comfortable moving around. (But I will feel the back get light, so I don't move it). ....

View my Photos
Ardician

2004-12-02          101478

See my picture #6. When I was negotiating to buy the tractor, I requested that the hooks be welded on. Dealer sent the tractor down the street to a welder's shop to get it done. When delivered, they were installed and painted green. Very handy. ....

View my Photos
bigbru

2004-12-06          101702

Is there a way to widen the width of the tractor by inverting the wheels? ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login