Go Bottom Go Bottom

Price and value of Farm Pro 2425 tractor

View my Photos
gmanwilder
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2015-10-30          193957

I am in the market to buy a compact tractor to mow my 5 acre place and maintain my long gravel driveway. My land is slightly sloped but not too steep. I have found a Farm Pro 2425 25hp tractor with 226 hrs. on it. It looks to be in fantastic condition and the seller is asking $4250 or best offer. My questions are as follows:
1. Are these good sturdy tractors for the use intended?
2. Is the price asked for the tractor a god deal?
3. What does anyone recommend that I offer for this tractor? It has no attachments with it.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Price and value of Farm Pro 2425 tractor

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-11-02          194001

gmanwilder, first welcome to TP.

My first comment on any such purchase is where can you get parts and if need be mechanic to work on that brand in your area? I know there has been post here on where to find parts for them and also know one or two dealerships were recommended. However do check that out before you buy ANY brand.

Second is the tractor big enough for your wants and needs? I think it may be little light on the horse power for what you are wanting to do. Normally what we end up wanting to do is larger than where we began. 25 horses is about right for a 4 foot cutter and you want your cutter to be at least as wide as the outside of your rear tires so you can cut to a tree or fence or ditch. For 5 acres a 4 foot mower will be slow if you need to cut often, say once a month. You may be fine with a 5 foot finishing mower but for rough cut mower (many call them bush hogs) I would not try 5 foot.
If it were me I rather have say mid 30s in hp even to say 45 hp so I could easy run a 5 or 6 foot finish mower and a 5 foot rough cut. Now a lot of that depends on how often you are cutting and what you are cutting. Also how fast you expect to drive.
You also will want a box blade or scrape blade again at least as wide as the outside of the rear tires.

There are a few web sites you can use to find used equipment and I would suggest searching them. Ebay to me is not good. Also suggest visiting your local tractor dealers first to get idea. Good local dealer can make or break your tractor and equipment experience.

Check Craigslist also, you may find a total package for what you want as some will want to upsize, some owners has stopped due to health or such. Do try any used tractor or equipment before you buy. Then be safe and have fun. kt ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login