Jinma Tractors Are They Worth It???: Chinese Tractors -- Jinma Farmpro Agracat  -- Chinese Tractors Discussion Forum and Review Jinma Tractors Are They Worth It???: Chinese Tractors -- Jinma Farmpro Agracat -- Chinese Tractors Discussion Forum

parts   |   manuals   |   discussion   |   photos   |   podcast   |   reviews   |   specs   |   dealers   |   classifieds   |   contact   |   faq   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

FAQ:   What is a tractor?

Forum Index
New As Posted | Active Subjects

www.emerichsales.com - New & Used Equipment
          View Tractors For Sale!

www.partsbynet.com - Lawn and Garden Equipment Parts

Bernardsville Landscape Lighting
Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Chinese Tractors -- Jinma Farmpro Agracat Forum

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | 3 | 4 | | Next >>
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 01-14-2009, 23:35 Post: 159467
cowboyffa84

TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

Filter by User
 Jinma Tractors Are They Worth It???

Ive been Looking for a tractor for 2 years now and im kinda leaning toward a Jinma 454 Their pretty cheap compaired to John Deere, and Kabota,

But my question is for the people that actual have one (ARE THEY REALLY WORTH IT?) I want your oppenion on it.

Does it have enough power to cut tall grass and pull? Do they break down alot or have alot of problems?

I do alot of side jobs that involve debree removal, brush clearing, tearing down houses and removing, cleaning up bricks, shingles, and dirt after new houses are build/remodel.

Im also cirous about a grapple connection for the front end loader will one fit a Jinma 454 and will it have enough power to operate one?

Please respond with your opinions and thoughts

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us | Technorati | Furl | Stumble This

01-14-2009, 23:55 Post: 159468
greg_g

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

The answer to the "are they worth it" question lies with the dealer. Unless you have a fully equipped shop and a fair background in diesel mechanics, you're going to want a competent dealer close by - at least for the warranty period. It's handy to have a parts source nearby too, but Jinma parts are readily available all over the internet too.

They are equally or more stout than any 45hp tractor made back in the 50s and 60s. I say this - because that's the sort of technology you can expect. Except for the smog stuff that the EPA requires, these things are just like the utility tractors of old - designed to be fixed in the field.

But your task list concerns me. This is an agricultural utility tractor, not a piece of excavation/construction equipment. For similar money, you can get a 30hp Chinese bulldozer (which can also be optionally outfitted with a removable backhoe).

//greg//

01-15-2009, 08:06 Post: 159475
hardwood

TP Contributor

Filter by User

I don't have one but GregG is right on with the dealer support plus our economy needs a boost not the Chineese economy.

01-15-2009, 08:07 Post: 159476
auerbach

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

Depends on what you want and on your luck. Are you old enough to remember when "Made in Japan" meant "Cheap Attempt to Imitate American Quality"? That's where these Chinese items are now. You save lots, get plenty of power, and strong and heavy components. But not the design and assembly care and quality of a Lexus. So you'll need a good manual but may find it was written by someone who knows 20 words of English.

Any unit of that size will take a grapple, and Jinma pumps are strong enough.

Read the blogs on the Chinese Tractor Owners Association for owner experiences. You have to pay a small yearly fee to be able to post questions, worth it if you buy one.

01-16-2009, 15:47 Post: 159538
cowboyffa84

Filter by User

Well now days 90% of everythig we buy is from a diffrent country, John Deere motors are made in china but the claim its american made its only american assambiled kabota is not american made.

And its not my fault that out ecconmy is down they did it to them selves im just lookin for a cheaper price tractor with enough horse power to do my work.

Ive priced john deere they wanted 20grand for a 30 HP tractor with a loader and Kabota wanted around 15grand for about the same HP. Jinma seems to be the best so far more HP for less money.

So far ive heard good rummor about the brand id just like to know from the people that actualy own one what hey think about it and what to look out for with the tractor.

01-18-2009, 13:54 Post: 159578
earthwrks

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

I do basically the same work you do. I think you will be looking not only for a tractor but a bobcat (skid steer loader) too. I use both a 33HP New Holland 4x4 tractor and a big 78HP New Holland skid steer with steel tracks. 50% of the time I cna use only one machine or the other. I have an industrial grapple bucket (meaning flat, solid bottom) on the skid steer. It weighs close to 800 lb. I would never use one on any size tractor. The bobcat can spin around with nearly 5,000 lb load---a tractor can't. I tear down homes with it too. The tractor weighs 3,200lb while the bobcat weighs over 8,000. Each has it's limits, especially when it comes to floatation on soft ground--sometimes the tractor will go where the bobcat won't and vice versa. But, again, I could not do the jobs I do with only one machine.

01-19-2009, 13:32 Post: 159595
cowboyffa84

Filter by User

Well see the thing is i do lot of brush hogging and land scaping to. I dont have alot of money to just go out and buy 2 diffrent peices of equipment I wish I could but cant

I just need something that can pick up alot of brush, lumber, and dirt pluss be able 2 mow 5 acers and up pluss i have 40 acers of farm land that i mow twice a year.

When I talk about tearing down houses I pretty much do most of the work by hand peace by peace and stack al the wood up and i nee something there 2 pick it up in one big grab,

then there are the shingles the thing i hate the most i hate having to rake them all up and load them into my truck bed so yea the tractor isntgonna be used 2 PUSH DOWN the house just pretty much clean up.

01-19-2009, 14:03 Post: 159597
kthompson

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

Don't own a Chianese tractor but a few thoughts if I may.

Don't think anyone is really blaming you for the US economy. Much bigger than you or me.

Would expect you to find a lot of flats in tractor tires with house work you describ. No experience with it but you may want to find out about "foam" filled tires. I certainly would not want tires with tubes as they would require breaking down them to repair. Tubeless would get old enough.

With the economy the way it is, you may find a used machine for a great price. Some businesses are really going belly up and some machines do sell right cheap.

Don't forget the equipment you use is a reflection of you and your business. Too nice a machine and some think you charge too much, questionable machine and they think you can not get the job done.

Hope you well in your business.

01-19-2009, 14:12 Post: 159598
greg_g

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

I'm sorry, but you're in for a big disappointment if you think a 45hp Jinma can do all that. Even all that Chinese cast steel only makes a 4700 pound tractor, and the hydraulic system is only rated to lift <1700 pounds. A five foot front loader is about all it can handle. And <39 PTO horsepower to mow only twice a year? I use a 6' rotary cutter behind my 45hp KAMA to mow pasture up to six times a year. There are patches of crabgrass that damn near kill the engine. I'd die of boredom mowing 40 acres, 6 feet at a time. Even at a reasonable 1 gallon per hour, that's a lot of fuel.

These Chinese tractors are sturdy little buggers. But for that kind of job list, you need to set your sights a little higher.

//greg//

01-19-2009, 15:39 Post: 159605
Murf

TP Contributor

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg_g | view 159598
I use a 6' rotary cutter behind my 45hp KAMA to mow pasture up to six times a year. There are patches of crabgrass that damn near kill the engine.

Greg, something doesn't sound right there.

We use almost the same setup, albeit a different brand, but a horsepower is a horsepower. Although you can tell it's working, it never bogs down like that, and we cut stuff that is eyeball height for the operator sitting on the machine.

Have you got the sharp sides of the blade facing forwards? Laughing out loud

Best of luck.

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] | 2 | 3 | 4 | | Next >>

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Chinese Tractors -- Jinma Farmpro Agracat Forum

Thread 159467 Filter by Poster:
AnnBrush 1 | Art White 1 | auerbach 3 | bvance 1 | candoarms 1 | cowboyffa84 4 | dtk1952 2 | earthwrks 3 | greg_g 7 | hardwood 3 | kalpia 2 | kthompson 2 | kwschumm 2 | lwater54 1 | Murf 2 | wyk991604 1 |

Most Viewed

+ Jinma Tractors Are They Worth It???
+ Jinma 284 Ammeter 30 Amp fuse keeps blowing
+ JAPANESE or CHINESE
+ Rebuild Yang Dong Y385 Tractor Engine Settings Man
+ Anyone use a Jinma chipper?
+ Jinma 224 Loader does not lift or tilt
+ Farm Pro 2420 won't start
+ Farm Pro 2425 4WD working?
+ Jinma 200 LE tractor dies will not start
+ SHould i buy a JInma

Most Discussion