Go Bottom Go Bottom

hinomoto e2304 lift

View my Photos
Mike Donohue
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-05-05          54337

The 3-point arms onn my new (used) Hinomoto E2304 tractor are stuck in the up position. How do I fix this? How do I find out more about these tractors?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

hinomoto e2304 lift

View my Photos
ob1kubota

2003-05-16          55003

How did you make out? I have the same problem with the same model tractor ....

hinomoto e2304 lift

View my Photos
TomG

2003-05-17          55012

If they have a typical position control 3ph, the flow-control valve may be closed or obstructed. The linkage is another possibility.

I don't know the specific linkage on these tractors. In general, the quadrant lever should move the control valve arm. The arm works a lever that will operate the lift spool, the poppet valve or neither. On some tractors it's fairly easy to do a minor disassembly so you can see the lever work on the valve heads. With the quadrant level in lift mode, the lift spool should be depressed, in neutral, the lever should contact neither valve head. In lower, the popper valve should be depressed. The gaps between lever and valve heads are adjustable on some tractors and a shop manual would give specs and procedures.

The poppet valve is what you are interested in. If it is depressed and the flow control valve is open then the 3ph should lower (some of them may take some encouragement if there's no load on the hitch). If it doesn't lower then there's likely an obstruction or stuck valve.

In this reasoning I'm doing, I'm assuming that the hydraulics are an open system type and that any other component such as a loader is plumbed ahead of the 3ph. In most 3ph's of this type, oil in the lift cylinder exits from through the flow-control valve passage and poppet valve, and it returns directly to the oil reservoir.

hinomoto e2304 lift

View my Photos
Mike D

2003-05-24          55504

Took it apart - looks like it sat for a while and was just "stuck". I wll test it with a brush hog tonorrow. Anybody know what oil filter to use on this unit? ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login