Go Bottom Go Bottom

Hinomoto N189 3 Point Hitch Issue

View my Photos
jerryalbers
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2014-11-20          191465

Hello,
I purchased a N189 about 10 years ago and it has been wonderful....until now. The unit runs great, but the 3 point hitch has taken on a mind of it's own. As soon as I start the tractor, the hitch with a box blade, rises up...all by itself!!!. When I set it back down, up it goes again. Once it has gone all the way up, it still tries to keep going which puts a strain on the tractor motor.
Has anyone ran across an isue like this before?
Thanks for your time and help.
Jerry in Arizona

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
yocsr1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-11-28          191531

I'm not familiar with your brand of tractor but sounds like a stuck valve. If your lucky it might be where the linkage pushes it for raise and you can pull it back out and it will free it up. If your not lucky sounds like you'll be tearing the 3pt box apart and doing a rebuild. I rebuilt the 3pt on my Foton and it was harder getting to it than it was to rebuild it. ....

View my Photos
yocsr1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-11-28          191532

I'm not familiar with your brand of tractor but sounds like a stuck valve. If your lucky it might be where the linkage pushes it for raise and you can pull it back out and it will free it up. If your not lucky sounds like you'll be tearing the 3pt box apart and doing a rebuild. I rebuilt the 3pt on my Foton and it was harder getting to it than it was to rebuild it. ....

View my Photos
kurtn189

2015-04-30          192685

hello. I just found this site and hope it works. i am pulling my hair out.
I have the n189. My hitch does not go up and down. I read on here about the silver knob below the seat , below my knees. So I went out and unscrewed it and great !!! it worked. I then went and backed up to my brush cutter and , then it wasn't working. I still cannot get it to work. After unscrewing the know it went up and down several times so I thought it was fixed.

On my model there are two toggle switches oh top of the right , rear fender. the front one of the two is silver , the "back" toggle is rubber booted. I use the front of the two to make the hitch go up and down.

Since it is electric , "toggle activated" I pulled lots of panels off checking in case a field mouse or something ate into the wire. I could only look partially into some of the areas so checked it as well as I could.

any suggestions.

I see there is a small relay looking thing on the back by the hitch. It appears wires from the toggle come to this relay. I don't know if it is in play making the hitch work and if so I don't know how to check it to see if it works properly

and lastly, I have no idea what all the knobs mean or are for on the right side panel. I don't know if maybe I have to set them a certain way to make the hitch go up and down.

thanks
Kurt ....

View my Photos
dalbers

2015-06-18          192975

There are two solenoids in the rear that are activated by the swithches that you are describing. They control the up and down movement of the 3pt. They are picking up power from somewhere. Try removing one of the wires on the raise switch and see if it stops. Touch the wire against the terminal on the switch. It tries to raise then the switch is possibily bad. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login