Go Bottom Go Bottom

Hinomoto E14D Tractor clutch replacement

View my Photos
rambob656
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2014-02-18          188989

How much fun is it to replace the clutch on a e14d? and where do I find the parts I will need to do the job?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
lsheaffer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-02-18          188993

It isn't too hard as long as you have some blocks & a floor jack. I should be able to supply parts. ....

View my Photos
rambob656

2014-02-19          189003

Is there any paper work , Or video, that I can get to show me what to do? And I'd like to know how much the parts are going to cost. I'm not that far away just a crossed the Mississippi river in Iowa. ....

View my Photos
lsheaffer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-02-19          189020

Your 50 miles from me. I'm at Dixon,Il. Block between engine & front axle, so engine won't tip. Jack front. Jack rear with floor jack so the rear can be rolled back when split. Disconnect hydraulic lines & wiring. Diconnect any other linkage that may join the 2 halves. Unbolt clutch housing from engine. Roll back. Replace clutch. I don't use an alignment tool. Tighten pressure plate enough to keep disk from moving on its own. Center disk . Finish tightening pp. When putting halves together you can use longer bolts, but do not draw the halves together with the bolts. Rock the halves & take up the slack with the bolts. ....

View my Photos
grumpytoo

2014-02-20          189060

Mr Sheaffer is very nice and can give basic knowledge on the tractor. I just changed my clutch on a Hinomoto E322 and was really concerned about doing it. I had never changed a clutch on a tractor so was intimidated.

I pulled mine under a carport and used hydraulic jack to lift (on cross member just behind where engine and clutch housing bolt together). Make sure jack is stable and put a little pressure on it so everything feels tight.

I had two jack stands ready to put under back half of tractor after they were separated. After removing hood, and all side cowling on engine I then attached an engine lift on the rear of engine (at hook that is already there). Just put a little tension on this jack also.

Then it's just removing all electrical and hydraulic lines. After everything is removed that goes between front and back halves then its time to start unbolting. I had a table set up and put all bolts together in groups so I would hopefully remember which went where. Getting the two halves to separate was really anticlimactic. It helps with two people one on each side to use large screw drivers or crow bars to help with the separation. Make sure to use the jacks together lifting and lowering to reach the happy spot where they separate easily. Its not hard with a little trial and error.

I would advise not buying clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing and pilot bearing until you actually get the old one out to be able to measure and count the splines. I used a tool borrowed/rented from(O'reilly auto parts) to remove pilot bearing. If flywheel is not scored then I used fine wet/dry paper or scotch brite pad to just clean it up a little.

I did get my parts finally from Southern Global 404 First Street North Wiggins, MS 39577 Phone: (601) 928-7491 Fax: (601) 528-9312.

Mr. Shaeffer was unable to supply my parts. I waited for approximately two months (after the order)and then received the wrong parts. The lady at Southern Global was very knowledgeable and had my parts here in three days. If you have any mechanical ability/knowledge it was not so bad after I started the process. Just make time to do it and then dont be in a hurry. If you have any other questions just post.

View my Photos
rambob656

2014-02-21          189087

Thanks to both of you for your reply. It looks like I should get my truck in the garage first and install the new shocks and latter rack, to get it ready for spring, be for I do the tractor. Sounds like this could take a while getting parts right, if I have to disassemble then send out for parts.
I used the tractor all winter to plow snow and noted that the clutch was getting very high. I do not see any way to adjust the clutch so I think I better replace it be for its time to start tilling gardens. I do a lot of them each spring for people in the city .This little tractor dose a good job on smaller gardens in tight spaces .
I just want to make sure I take everything apart right in the right places and get it back together again.:-)

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login