Go Bottom Go Bottom

E224 3-pt not working AGAIN

View my Photos
TXTRACTOR
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-02-16          106231

You can see from earlier posts my 3-point was boke then repaired in Sept. (said crud clogging 3pt valve) Today, same thing, 3pt wont go up or down) so this time I am going to try to clean the valve myself to save $400. Anyone know how I get to the 3-pt valve (where is it)? Do I have to break the tractor in half to get to it?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Boxster49rt

2005-02-17          106283

I have a 2304 and it had a stuck 3 point when I got it. It was not too difficult to get at. On mine, it is under the seat. I cleaned a lot of sludge out and it has worked fine ever since. At the same time, I put in new fluid and a filter. ....

View my Photos
TXTRACTOR

2005-02-18          106353

Thanks for the info. I will take a look this weekend. Is the valve directly under the seat, or is there a cover to get into the rear-end case? Thanks again for the help. ....

View my Photos
TXTRACTOR

2005-04-06          109487

Can someone help show me the valve I am to clean out? I removed seat, there is a large "cap" that I can unbolt that the liftarms come out of. I can e-mail pics if someone is willing to help. Thanks. jtarpley at utmb dot edu ....

View my Photos
Boxster49rt

2005-04-06          109514

Be brave. Take that thing apart. If I remember correctly, there are a few large bolts underneath the seat that hold on a plate. There is another plate at the back, where the upper arm attaches. The lift arms are operated by a single large piston, propelled by the hydraulic fluid. When you pull the lever, fluid is pumped in to push the piston up. Mine got "over extended" and stuck in the "up" position. It is really a rather simple system and hard to mess up. I put it back together with silicone to form gaskets. It works fine now. Good luck ....

View my Photos
TXTRACTOR

2005-04-15          109885

Thanks, I took it apart, found the large piston. No grime, fluid clear. I didnt disasseble the valved bolted underneath the lid below the piston, but operated it and put it back together, it will move now, but wont lift any weight. I will take it apart totally this weekend. ....

View my Photos
hood974

2007-01-01          138417

Did you find out what your problem was? My 3ph and loader quit working, and I am going to tear it apart this weekend. I have read similar problems on this board, and would like to get all possible causes before I tear it down. Any info anybody can give will be appreciated. I have a e2304 with a koyker 150 loader. ....

View my Photos
TXTRACTOR

2007-01-03          138447

The 3-pt valve had debris clogging it. Removed the seat, then removed the housing with the lift arms. Took the 3-pt valve apart, cleaned, and its been back in service ever since. I cannot find any type in-line filter for the hydraulic fluid, so I am guessing thats a design/engineering issue common to this series. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login