Go Bottom Go Bottom

Farm King Mowers-any good

View my Photos
retcol
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-10-20          98787

I am seriously considering purchasing a Farm King 6 ft 3 pt finishing mower. Are they any good? Is there any specific problems with them? Are the pneumatic tires acceptable or do I need hard rubber tires? I shouldn't have any problem with tire hazards. Any suggestions on a good price?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
hardwood

2004-10-20          98789

retol; I've really never heard anything bad about Farm King. They won't have the fit and finish of a Land pride, Deere, Woods, and the more expensive machines, but in most situations will do the job. My only reservation on Fleet store, TSC type equipment is parts availability. I needed some repairs for a TSC brand post hole digger this summer and was told at the local store that they no longer keep any repairs. I did'nt pursue the matter, I managed to fabricate the parts myself. So for what it's worth, just my experience. Frank. ....

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-10-20          98792

Frank, I'm not aware that the Farm King brand is available thru TSC's stores. In my area they are thru wholesalers to dealers and built by the Buehler company. I'd have to say for what I know of them is the fit and finish would be all of the land pride line and then some. I sometimes look to the companies as to what they do build instead of so to speak copy from other manufacturers. I do like the Bush-hog line-up from all sides as they also have been an excellent company for parts to us even on OLD equipment that is so to speak hedge row material. ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2004-10-20          98861

Art; I meant to say that I thought they were available thru Fleet store, TSC, type farm chain stores not TSC specificaly. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not real wild about Land Pride dull brown color, but have been real impressed with their quality, sorry if you misunderstood me. Frank. ....

View my Photos
glalonde

2004-11-03          99756

I've used a 72" Farmking/Buhler RFM the whole summer with no issue at all. It actually makes a better cut than my smaller 42" lawn tractor. I got it from my Deere dealer.

View my Photos
hardwood

2004-11-03          99799

I stoped at a fleet type farm store the other day, they had a bunch of Farm King equipment stacked up in the parking lot so I took a little time to look the line over. I did'nt notice anything that looked cheap or weak about the items but either it had been stacked on the parking lot since Moby Dick was minnow or their paint is really bad. There were almost more rust blisters than paint, kinda turned me off. Frank. ....

View my Photos
retcol

2004-11-04          99809

I had noticed the paint problem at a local dealer. After doing some research with the Buhler Company, I discovered the mowers at the local dealer were 2000 models and had been setting outside for 4 1/2 years. Unfortunately, the dealer didn't give me all the information. ....

View my Photos
lbrown59

2004-11-04          99813

I discovered the mowers at the local dealer were 2000 models and had been setting outside for 4 1/2 years.
--------------------------------------
You have to watch that you aren't paying new prices for old or used merchandise in places like that and the discount stores.

View my Photos
terryt

2009-02-17          160397

please compare to woods mower here parts are a promblem blades are higher than woods mower 76 bucks set compared to 56 for the woods mower no local dealer here this isnt counting postage ...your mileage may differ ....

View my Photos
bmleblanc

2009-02-17          160414

I have a 7ft on a 45 horse new holland and it is great. I looked at others and this one was the best I found. As far as tires I've no problems with them. ....

View my Photos
mowergirl

2016-03-09          194699

Yes, Farm King Finish Mowers are very good mowers. I work for Barnes Implement a company that sells Farm King mowers and parts. I hear tons of positive feedback on these mowers. There are customers who have had their mower for 20 years and are very happy. I have seen this post pop up several times in online search and thought I would help with some information. Check out our site and give us a call. We are always happy to help with any questions. ....

Link:   Farm King Finish Mower Parts

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login