Go Bottom Go Bottom

Mulching leaves with the Green MMM

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-10-31          67679

Man, I'll tell you what! That 72" mmm on the 4410 makes one heck of a leaf mulcher! Did the entire front yard on no time. That thing just eats up piles of leaves and shreads them up nice and spits 'em out about 10 ft. A LOT easier and FASTER than with the backpack leaf blower.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
cutter
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-11-01          67697

Been using that method of lawn raking for years, too much of it to try and bag or vacuum. Only problem I have is due to the chute direction it is necessary to continue in one direction,lots of backing. I don't know about the Deere 72" but the 5' I had along with the NH and Kubota don't blow very well backing up. Usually end up going over the area in reverse and forward as well to bring them to the final destination (woods). ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-11-21          69302

Well, I checked up on the price of a "Tricycler Kit" for 72" MMM and got sticker shock........$280.50! Call my buddy at the John Deere parts counter and he could let me have it for $255.80. Think I will just stick with what I have and run over the leave 3 or 4 times. Just can't justify the cost for that. Even my buddy at the parts counter thought the price was crazy. The leaves are a pain in the butt, "but" not $255 worth of a pain in the butt. Anyway if anyone is interested in the kit, the part # is BM18151. ....

View my Photos
Arkaybee
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-11-28          69842

Chief, what is a "tricycler kit" and what does it do? I am very interested in "processing" leaves & pinestraw. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-11-28          69857

It is a mulching kit that mounts on the MMM. It uses stamped out sheet metal shutes to redirect cuttings through the mower and blades to mulch material. Not worth the price in my opinion. If you get a username and password, you can look it up in the parts data base on JDparts web site. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login