!st time buyer: Grooming Mowers Finish Mowers  -- Tractor Attachments Implements 3ph Discussion Forum and Review !st time buyer: Grooming Mowers Finish Mowers -- Tractor Attachments Implements 3ph Discussion Forum

parts   |   manuals   |   discussion   |   photos   |   podcast   |   reviews   |   specs   |   dealers   |   classifieds   |   contact   |   faq   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

FAQ:   What is a tractor?

Forum Index
New As Posted | Active Subjects

www.emerichsales.com - New & Used Equipment
          View Tractors For Sale!

www.partsbynet.com - Lawn and Garden Equipment Parts

Bernardsville Landscape Lighting
Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Grooming Mowers Finish Mowers Forum

Page [ 1 ] |
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 07-27-1999, 00:00 Post: 6328
rick

TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster
 !st time buyer

I need used equiptment to plow a garden and mow a large yard. I would like to do this with a tractor (sm.-med.) I am a beginner when it comes to impliments needed and reliable brand names. Can you steer me in the right direction?

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us | Technorati | Furl | Stumble This

07-27-1999, 00:00 Post: 6330
Ken Day

!st time buyer

How many acres are you mowing, and how big is your garden? There are a lot of choices out there, ranging from old Ford 8N and 9N tractors for about $1500- $2500. There are used compact tractors that range from $4-$5 K and up. Or you can go the new route, and spend megabucks. For implements and some idea on tractor prices go to some farm auctions and observe what is sold and for how much. Compare that with what you find at dealers. Research will help you a lot, but try and find someone in your area that has equip. and is using it. I assume you may have neighbors around you with tractors, etc. Talk to them, you need to get to know them anyway. Maybe they'll let you test drive what they have, which will give you a place to start from. Most people that live in the country are more than willing to help a new land owner get started, I know over the years I've helped many people with advice. If you run across someone with a closed mind that swears they have the only setup worth considering, remember not everyone has the same needs, budget, and experience. Get a second and third opinon. I saw a posting here a couple of weeks ago about a guy that bought a used Kubota, that the front end fell off of after he got it home. If the deal seems to good to be true it probably is. Tractors and implements are expensive toys for the most part, and the quality of what you get will be directly proportional to what you spend. I would stay with a name brand, Kubota, John Deere, etc., and stay away from the stuff being imported from China, Korea etc.Hope this helps a little, if you want to talk more my e-mail is jbbooks@yahoo.com

07-27-1999, 00:00 Post: 6335
MichaelSnyder

TP Contributor

!st time buyer

Rick,If I may,...a small piece of advise for posting on the CTB is to tell us a little more detail about your situation. Remember size is relative. Small to me is 10hp, small to my neighbor is 50hp. Is your garden is measured in feet, or acres? The large yard....between 2-5 acres?Field grass is more durable, thus accepts rotary cutters and ag tires. Golf course style grass requires a finer cut, with turf style tires? Based upon your statement of wanting to perform these tasks with tractor, I'm not sure if thatmeans you have one? or you are also looking for this as well? With all of that said, I'm "guessing" you will be looking at something in the 20-25hp range. Once again, It all depends upon what tasks, size of the tasks you need the unit to perform, and of those, which ones are the most important to YOU. That statement alone must be defined before anyone can realistically assist in guiding you, in meeting your goal:o)

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] |

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Grooming Mowers Finish Mowers Forum

Thread 6328 Filter by Poster:
Ken Day 1 | MichaelSnyder 1 | rick 1 |

Most Viewed

+ Belly Mower vs. Rear Finishing Mower
+ Farm King Mowers-any good?
+ How to replace Kubota B7100HST Mower deck belt
+ King Kutter Finish Mower?
+ belly mower vs. rear mower
+ Ford 8N belly mower
+ Mid mount mower for JD 755-855-955 tractor
+ john deere 3 point mower
+ controlling grass along fencing