Go Bottom Go Bottom

7 foot finish mower HP needed

View my Photos
dAb
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-09-28          43066

I am a new owner of a Kioti LK3054, it's PTO power is rated at 23 HP. Engine HP is rated at 30. My question is: I have found a good deal on a 84" Sicma, First Choice Finish Mower (looks like a Kioti mower) and I would like to know if my Tractor will handle it ???
I compaired it to the 72" and the weight is about 800# vs 500#. I liked the looks of the 84" because of it's 5 X 13 tires and heavier gear box and is built like a tank. Will I need a tank to pull it ???

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
radman

2002-09-29          43093

I think an 84" for your tractor is at the max and probably too much. A 72" would be OK but still a lot for 23 pto hp. Yes, your tractor would be ok for the 84" if the grass was relatively short. Taller grass or wet grass would probably require you to go very slowly. Bigger mowers are also prone to more scalloping of the ground. Even a 72" requires a fairly flat yard. ....

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-09-30          43102

It isn't that you just have the 300lbs difference in weight but yet it is further from the tractor than the 72" mower. ....

View my Photos
MRETHICS

2002-09-30          43113

In my expeirience, I severly doubt that your tractor is beg enough for an 84" grooming mower.

These things seem to pull harder than a midmount. They usually have a faster blade tip speed than a MMM, also, usually they have some deflectors under the deck to help spread out cut material more evenly. Both of these are probably the HP eaters.

There is no more of a worthess feeling than being underpowered with a mower, any mower. In that situation, all you can really do is slow down. Raising the mower and making two passes won't do much good, you still have the cut material fron the previous pass to deal with, which also takes HP.

If you have to slow down much to run the larger mower, why spend $1 or more for that privlage?

View my Photos
Walt

2002-10-04          43376

See if you can work out a deal that allows you to try it before you buy. Just explain your situation to the seller. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login