Go Bottom Go Bottom

Befco H40-48 flail mower

View my Photos
Ravenn
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-08-12          41195

Looking at purchasing a Befco H40-48 flail mower for use with a JD790 (haven't purchased the 790 yet - about to though) and was interested in thoughts on Befco, also how you think this would match with the JD790, and also if anyone has purchased from Wikco.com, Inc. of Gilbert, AZ. I see that online they show a price of $1879 including freight for the unit. I'm chosing the narrow 48" unit because of the large number and closeness of trees that I'd be mowing around. Far as I can see the JD790 should handle it just fine but always looking for 2nd opinions. Thanks!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Befco H40-48 flail mower

View my Photos
Jiffyjam

2002-08-28          41741

I have a Befco Series C50 72" finish mower that I really like. Heavy duty construction, well balanced and easy to service. Hope this helps. Tom Smith, Wendell NC ....

Befco H40-48 flail mower

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-08-28          41745

I would suggest that you go a little larger to cover you tire tracks. With turf tires on the tractor this will not be wide enough.
Peters ....

Befco H40-48 flail mower

View my Photos
Jim on Timberridge

2002-08-28          41746

Several mfgrs offer flails that can be offset by 9-12" inches, to allow for mowing under overhangs, etc. Might be something that suits your needs.
jim ....

Befco H40-48 flail mower

View my Photos
jwitt

2002-08-28          41748

I bought Befco H40-60 flail mower on Kubota B2410. The gearbox threads for filler plug were stripped; when checking the gear lube the plug came loose with my fingers. The warranty repair was slow and required several phone calls to get the parts to my dealer.
I have turf tires and the mower does not lift the grass to cut behind the tires to the same length as the other areas.
20-20 hindsight - wish I had paid the difference and bought one of the other two options.
Counter rotation / reverse rotation is standard on Befco. I think forward rotation MIGHT do a better job on the wheel tracks.
The flail mower does not cut the same as a 'finish mower', but it does chop (mulch) the clippings and spread them over the cut area.
Also, remember that any rear mounted mower is much different to use than a mid mount mower.
Best of luck. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login