Go Bottom Go Bottom

Comparison of Mid Mount Belly Mower vs 3PH Finish mower

View my Photos
deerecrew
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-06-11          39479

Anybody have any thoughts on installing/removing the mid mount mower from a JD 755?

I'm undecided on what to go with. I'm leaning toward the mid mount because of the ability to add a bagger to the system, but if it's a nightmare to take it (the deck) on and off, I may go with the 3pt.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Dan

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
dsg
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-06-11          39485

I didn't think it was much of a problem when I had a 755/w a mmm. I used the loader to lift the frontend so the front tires were not in the way, turned the rear mower wheeles sideways and pushed the mower in-under then let the frontend down then hooked everything up. Of course I removed the loader before mowing and hooked it back up after for the mower removal and this was all done on a concrete floor. I had never tried it any other way. Now I have a rear mount with the new tractor which is mmmuch easier hooking up but not for mowing around obstacles.

David ....

View my Photos
deerecrew

2002-06-11          39490

Thanks for the input Dave. Doesn't sound like too bad an operation. Did you ever use the loader with the mmm on? What lowers/raises the mmm? Thanks again,

Dan ....

View my Photos
dsg
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-06-13          39536

The Rockshaft raises and lowers the mower as well as the 3pth. If I remember right you could raise the mower and turn a crank and that would allow you to raise and lower the 3pth and the mower would stay in the raised postion. Yes, I have used the loader with the mower attached. It helped with lowering the center of gravity for stability but was in the way for ground clearance.

David ....

View my Photos
deerecrew

2002-06-14          39555

David:

Thanks for the response. I wasn't sure if the mmm and loader could be mounted simultaneously. Thanks again,

Dan ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login